Years of Experience:15+ years of progressive professional accounting and consulting experience with at least 5 years in a senior financial leadership position (Big Four public accounting experience a plus)
Location preference: Houston or Dallas
Degree Required: Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, or finance; CPArequired
Position Summary: Alvarez & Marsal is looking for strong candidates with financialexperience to join the Corporate Performance Improvement team. A&M enables CFOs to achieve substantial and sustained improvements in the quality, productivity and cost of Finance operations and serve as a more effective business partner.
The ideal candidate will have significant experience serving in CFO advisory and interim leadership capacities.
Serving in an interim management capacity the candidate will typically take on the following responsibilities:
- Provide leadership in the accounting and finance functions with responsibilities including financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, operational reporting, revenue management for billing and accounts receivable, audits, general fiduciary responsibilities for accounting operations, internal control structures, facilities and contract management in an entrepreneurial and growth-focused environment.
- At times will have responsibility for human resources, information technology and other corporate functions.
- Develop and direct all funding proposals and agreements; monitors financial indicators to support decision-making.
- Meet reporting requirements for all funding and contracting bodies.
- Oversee General Ledger functions; assure accuracy timeliness, and conformity with professional accounting standards and best practices.
- Liaison to external auditing firms.
- Prepare/oversee regular and specialized financialreporting for CEO and governing board, related to program performance, business plans and strategic opportunities.
- Oversee payroll and employee benefits processing. Liaison to health plan and benefits administrators; retirement fund plans, and other benefit or regulatory bodies related to employment and personnel benefits and entitlements.
- Leadership of the billing and collections process.
- Development of vendor relations including contracting, pricing and terms.
- Work with senior management to prepare budgets and ensure compliance.
- Manage, train and direct the efforts of a Finance Manager and Billing Coordinator on all aspects of accounting and finance work.
- Maintain other relations related to finance practices including with banks, payroll, vendors, and clients, as necessary.
- Manages all cash management and treasury issues. Manages all capital budgeting.
- Develop cost reduction and other improvement opportunities and implement in partnership with company management.
- Collaborate and contribute to Senior Leadership Team and BOD to improve overall company performance.
- Oversee and manage job economics.
- Identify sales leads.
- Experience in working with financial sponsors – lenders and equity – and related reporting and communications
- Ability to foster a strong, cohesive working team providing hands-on support and strong delegation and leadership skills
- Systems implementation/integrationexperience is highly desirable
- Strong knowledge and application of GAAP
- Strong finance related software skills and ERP systems
- Exceptional business acumen
- Ability to build credibility and trust with all internal and external stakeholders
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- Comfortable with travel