PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Drives and directs the assigned regional Inpatient Services business through IPS DO’s in multiple regions. Provides direction in consultation with the FMS Field Inpatient Services leadership teams on all facets of Inpatient Services. Key areas of responsibility include customer service, quality patient care, operations, sales, and business development. Influences business decisions and provides strategic direction, oversight and vision for assigned regions. Collaborates with FVP’s of Inpatient Services on various strategic initiatives.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead operational efforts through subordinates to complete the administration of business processes and services to ensure the operations effective achievement of goals within the assigned business unit(s).
- Direct and control the broad activities of the business unit(s) through the interpretation, application and implementation of company-wide policies and processes appropriate to the functional area(s).
- Ensure that budgets and schedules are within company requirements with significant organizational responsibility for the overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, expense priority management, and recommendation and implementation changes of current methods.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
Responsibilities for Acute Care Electronic System (ACES) include the following:
- Has an in-depth knowledge on how to obtain and use the information from ACES to impact the team’s focus to meet targets and change practice or process to increase the quality of service being provided to the customers.
- In-depth review with direct reports on the data retrieved from ACES to identify areas for improvement e.g. Compliance, Billing, and Quality Indicators.
- Utilization of data to better understand their business unit(s) opportunities, develop a plan of action, and implementation with their direct reports.
Partner with the all key departments to secure direct report’s success in their Inpatient Services Business:
- Education Coordinators are part of the weekly (daily if needed) communication for successful training of all staff.
- Regional Quality Managers are to attend QAI meetings, assist with survey preparedness, and will be available during inspection.
- BioMed to attend QAI meetings, review of reports, assist with customer preparation for surveys and will be available during inspections.
- Requires the ability to influence and gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship. Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers.
Interaction with the C-Suite:
- Meet with the hospital C-Suite quarterly or more often if required.
- Ability to have crucial conversation to secure a strong long term relationship and influence desired outcomes.
- Support direct reports in preparation for customer QAI meetings.
- Responds and communicates during the survey audits.
- Ensure all employees within the assigned team(s) understand and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations; establishing and maintaining effective internal systems and controls to promote compliance.
- Provide leadership, guidance and coaching for all direct reports to maintain an engaged and productive workforce; partnering with Human Resources on employee matters.
- Decisions are often complex with significant organizational impact, managerial and budgetary responsibilities. Erroneous decisions will have a serious impact on the overall success of long-term company operations.
- Interacts with all levels of the organization to manage the business. Regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers. Has strong interaction with GVPs, Presidents.
- Provide technical guidance.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional responsibilities may include focus on one or more departments or locations. See applicable addendum for department or location specific functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel up to 60% locally and regionally.
Responsible for the direct supervision of various levels of operations IPS staff.
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired; Advanced Degreepreferred
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 6+ years’ related experience.
- 3+ years’ experience as a Manager; or 3+ years’ experience in a senior managerial role.
- Demonstrated experience managing one or more departments.
- Strong Business Acumen.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management through diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Job ID 18000EJD