MetroPlus Health Plan provides the highest quality healthcare services to residents of Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island through a comprehensive list of products, including, but not limited to, New York State Medicaid Managed Care, Medicare, Child Health Plus, Exchange, Partnership in Care, MetroPlus Gold, Essential Plan, etc. As a wholly-owned subsidiary of NYC Health + Hospitals, the largest public health system in the United States, MetroPlus’ network includes over 27,000 primary care providers, specialists and participating clinics. For more than 30 years, MetroPlus has been committed to building strong relationships with its members and providers to enable New Yorkers to live their healthiest life.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, the Senior Director of Technical Services focuses on defining and leading the implementation of the Health Plans long-term technology roadmap, making sure it aligns with the strategic vision of the company. The Senior Director of Technical Services is responsible for the oversight of the
Health Plans short and long-term technical and engineering strategy, and provides a high-level, forward thinking vision with an ability to rise to the challenges of operational requirements and not just re-create "the old comapny pattern". The Senior Director of Technical Services role will perpetually refine, redefine, and lend support to all
aspects of the technological development. The position will work across all key departments to attain the goals, including understanding the business requirements, assessing and improving application architecture, and insuring the implementation of cutting-edge technology.
- Responsible for providing the overall direction of multiple teams including IT Infrastructure, Unified Communications, Virtualization, Cloud Computing, and Service Desk.
- Develop IT governance and IT management strategies in line with business goals.
- Responsible for managing multiple projects and developing and managing IT budget alongside the CIO. Recruit, retain, coach and develop a high performing team which encourages creativity, drives performance, and promotes a collaborative team environment.
- Foster a culture of exceptional customer centric services at all levels of the organization with a focus on developing a team that distinguishes itself through passion and commitment to excellence.
- Develop and monitor Key Performance Indictors, metrics and SLAs.
- Work closely with the Health Plan s CISO to ensure the security of the information, personal health information and other sensitive clinical information meet HIPPA and DFS Cyber Security requirements.
- Provide a comprehensive mobile device strategy and mobile device management.
- BA or BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline. 15 years of IT experience with a record of progressive career growth.
- 10 years of deep technical experience and strong command of industry trends with emphasis on Virtualization, Storage, Data Protection, Cloud Computing/Collaboration.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Server, Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, VMWare, Cisco UCS, Dell/EMC, SAN technologies.
- Broad knowledge of Microsoft Enterprise Platforms and the ability to map relevant Microsoft technologies to the Health Plans business needs and priorities.
- Highly analytical with the ability to translate between strategic business decisions and their quantitative implications.
- Ability to think critically and objectively with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to make quick decisions based on business demands.
- Knowledge of IT Service management based on ITIL. Strong verbal and written communication.
- Passion for technology and communications, well-versed on the latest trends.
- Experience presenting to leadership.
- Integrity and Trust
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical skills
- Written/Oral Communication