P3 Recruiting is in search of a Senior Director of Tax and Regulatory Compliance. This individual will serve as a key member of our client’s Finance department. This individual will report to the Senior Vice President – Finance/CFO and provide leadership for the coordination and the completion of all client tax returns, for developing an annual tax compliance plan, and coordination withinternal and external resources. This position is a key contributor to the development and communication of overall tax strategy to minimize risk and liability.
- Leads a team responsible for preparing / filing tax returns and making requiredtax payments to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local income and franchise taxlaws and regulations, as well as sales / use tax, real estate, and other relevant laws. Champions continuous improvement for compliance processes.
- Assists in developing and communicating the overall tax strategy through innovative and creative thinking in a manner which reduces client’s taxrisk.
- Develops an overall strategy to effectively drive Federal, State and Local tax strategy, planning and compliance for all entities including exempt, insurance and other for-profit enterprises.
- Documents tax positions on a timely basis for senior management review.
- Ensures entities complete requiredtax packets timely and accurately for submission to third party preparer. Works with entity personnel to ensure understanding of taxrisks associated with various transactions.
- Recommends to System Controller opportunities for reducing cost/riskassociated withtax preparation, and also where System is inappropriately paying property and salestax.
- Coordinates with the Dean organization, FPP, and all for-profit entities on tax matters, including monitoring net operating losses.
- Coordinates closely with accounting staff to recommend proper accounting treatment of transactions to take into account tax implications.
- A bachelor’s degreewith a major in accounting or finance from an accredited college or university required
- Licensed as a Certified Public Accountantrequired
- Nonprofit experiencerequired
- Ten plus years of public and private accounting experiencewith a heavy emphasis on tax issues.
- Has demonstrated the ability to use PC-based spreadsheets, databases and graphics and word-processing effectively for analyses and presentations.
- Experienceworking with both tax-exempt and taxable entities.
- Strong knowledge of US tax regulations.
- A demonstrated ability to use PC based financial tools (spreadsheets, word processing, presentation and financial planning software) effectively for analyses and presentations.
- Ability to independently research and simplify complex situations. Ability to objectively incorporate feedback from others.