We are looking for a Senior Director of Strategy that will work with senior executives to help define the future of sport, our business, and the broader marketplace. By driving critical transformational projects and leading our annual strategy cycle, we uncover and realize Nike, Inc.’s biggest opportunities.
What will you work on
As a Senior Director, you hold a strategic leadership role with visibility across our portfolio of businesses. You will shape and lead the strategic agenda aligned to Nike’s most significant growth opportunities:
- Create the future and vision to better serve employees and consumers: gather marketplace and business insights to connect the dots, elevate trends, and generate ideas.
- Identify gaps between vision and current state: translate vision into impactful plan, including key priorities, success metrics, achievements, investment requirements, and roles.
- Lead and create content for key strategic and business planning processes.
- Partner with senior stakeholders to execute and run specific priorities, often serving as proxy for leader in specific meetings as needed.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH?
You will report to the VP, Global Operations & Technology Strategy, and partner directly with one of the following business teams: Global Technology, Global Operations & Logistics, Demand Supply Management or Global Sourcing & Manufacturing. You will be responsible for executing and leading specific priorities as a critical thought partner on Strategic Priorities and current business challenges.
- What you bring to NikeBachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years of relevant experience in corporate strategy, strategy consulting, business development, investment banking or a related field.
- One of the following alternatives may be accepted: PhD or Law + 8 yrs; Masters + 9 yrs; Associates degree + 11 yrs; High School + 12 yrs
- Previous experience leading and managing a team with demonstrated ability to coach and develop future leaders.
- Proven ability to pull together diverse individuals with different goals and facilitate productive discussions.
- Experience in leading complex strategic projects and demonstrated success in leading a methodical process of analyzing problems, gathering information, generating options, then proposing and acting on a course of action.
- Strong discernment to quickly learn new business opportunities and understand how strategic plans can enable revenue and profit growth.
- Preferred experiences:Demonstrated experience and understanding of apparel/footwear, retail, merchandising, and digital/ecommerce in global-consumer marketplaces
- Experience working in a matrixed organizational environment
- Ability to take groundbreaking ideas and operationalizing them by catalyzing action and aligning the appropriate resources / partners
- Advanced degree such as an MBA
- Master’s (3 years post MBA preferred with 10+ years of relevant experience in total).