Summary: The Senior Director of Strategic Supply Chain Management is responsible for setting the strategy overseeing the execution and financial performance of the Supply Chain Management organization. Organizational responsibilities include the strategic purchasing (components, major subcontracts, tooling, raw materials, hardware, supplies, and capital equipment,) shipping and logistics, and tool control while leveraging relationships, purchasing power and long-term contracts to provide the best value to LMI Aerospace. The Senior Director is responsible for developing processes, procedures, inventory planning, demand planning (forecasting)and maintaining internal control obligations while supporting production and indirect purchasing requirements of the operating units and plants. Senior Director is responsible for supporting production requirements while minimizing inventories. While performing all duties and responsibilities, the Senior Director will at all times model LMI values and principles and act in a manner consistent with the LMI Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Ensure that the Supply Chain Management organization is meeting customer, operational andfinancial performance objectives. Critical areas include:
- Ensure outside purchase products are delivered on time, at the required quantity to the correct quality requirements
- Assure suppliers are supported with the technical data, requirements, and payments as required per the terms of our Long Term Agreements and/or Purchase Orders
- Assure that suppliers are held accountable to their commitments and that LMI constantly assesses the supplier marketplace, finding and developing capable suppliers and partners flowng down our customer terms to our suppliers to protect our interests in contracts.
- Partnering with the Sonaca Group Supply Chain team to leverage our global wide spend and establishing a framework to share data in a consistent manner across the consolidated enterprise.
- Supporting a strategic make/buy team to ensure we follow a consistent process to make the best decision for the company.
- Establish a supply chain strategy that consolidates our spend to the best suppliers in each area and that provides an optimal balance of low cost while exceptional service, quality and delivery.
- Supports the Supplier Quality Assurance organization to assure timely delivery of high quality product
- Maintain strong working relationships with senior leaders at our major suppliers
- Work closely with Aerostructures General Managers and corporate personnel to ensure processes forinternal work transfers are efficient and effective
- Management/supervision of personnel in the supply chain department which includes organizing the department for strategic alignment, hiring recommendations, training, coaching, performance evaluations and involvement in disciplinary and/or termination decisions
- Serve as principle interface with Program Management and Executives in support of program start up and major change implementation
- Manage organization encompassing strategic (e.g., demand planning, sourcing strategy, network optimization, vendor forecasting) as well as execution functions (e.g., purchasing, discrete shop floor assembly and machining planning)
- When required and in coordination with Program Management, Business Development and other LMI personnel, meet with customers in marketing and new business development efforts, or to resolve various problems and issues
- Ensure that lean and continuous improvement activities continue to be drive efficiency in all aspects of Supply Chain Management
- Develop working relationships with current and prospective customers as appropriate
- Attend customer meetings and participate in marketing presentations as needed
- Serve on special project teams as needed
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience: Education and experience in Supply Chain, Purchasing, Contracts, or a similar discipline. Aerospace experience is highly preferred. Employee should have demonstrated success in the implementation and sustained utilization of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvements techniques as well as success in leading and participating in high level management teams.