The Senior Director of Sales Strategy and Distribution will create the strategic vision for sales and distribution for GuideWell Health Plan. This position is primarily responsible for building and optimizing sales channels for the target market(s) and providing overall sales and distribution leadership for GuideWell Health Plan’s products as well as the broker experience.
This individual will develop GuideWell Health Plan’s vision and lead the implementation of various face-to-face sales distribution tactics through key partnerships. This position will work collaboratively with distribution partners and Florida Blue sales resources to establish a strong customer base and drive market share and membership growth.
The Senior Director of Sales will be responsible for pursuing innovative sales strategies, cultivating an entrepreneurial “owner, not renters” atmosphere and creating unique sales approaches and relationships with our distribution partners to drive membership and revenue. This leader will work withinternal and external business partners to build relationships and to strategically leverage sales partners across multiple channels.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
Sales Strategy and Integration
• Directs the creation and implementation of local distribution and sales strategies
• Builds and manages broker relationships in the assigned geographic market
• Develops strategic and operational direction for new sales programs and compensation models
• Establishes critical relationships with internal business partners such as Product, Network, IT, Operations and Enterprise Marketing, in order to provide consultative input and sales leadership which translates to increased sales opportunities and results
• Interfaces and collaborates with the sales partners to transform field input from customers and brokers into impactful actionable sales plans that will drive growth
• Uses creative and traditional sales methods to increaseproduct awareness as well as drive sales performance from the local Florida Blue sales resources
• Leads in the development and implementation of the strategy to increase market share, wallet-share, and to develop brand loyalty of customers
• Provides strategic guidance and consultative input in the development of products/plan designs including features and benefits that support the broader value proposition
• Demonstrates a strong knowledge of the market’s distribution channels / partners / options as well as the strategies and tactics used by competitors in the small and mid group market
• Develops departmental policies and procedures and complies with state and regulatory requirements
• Provides SME expertise on the external marketplace and face-to-face sales process in partnership with the local Florida Blue sales leaders.
• Ensures the sales channels are positioned and functioning to meet strategic, sales and financial objectives including require planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
• Develops and manages several analysis processes, including SWOT and SOAR, and competitive market data to scan the environment to quickly identify and take action on threats and opportunities and/or manage risks
• Establishes strategic plans for future success by effectively formulating strategies, tactics and action plans to achieve sales and revenue results
• Builds, grows, directs and monitors a high performing agency system that delivers positive sales results and return on investment
• Ensures the delivery of excellent consumer experiences through consumer centric sales processes.
• Collaborates with internal business partners to ensure the effective end-to-end process to fully optimize to achieve business results.
• Designs and facilitates focus group sessions to identify sales agent opportunities and improvements; communicates findings to internal business partners to build into future products, promotions, sales and distribution processes and pricing strategies.
• Manages conflict resolution among competing distribution channels.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• 6+ years of supervisory management experience leading a sales and/or marketing team
• Ability to lead strategic planning initiatives and implement programs that achieve results.
• Experience in sales environment leading and managing sales channels
• Experience with health insurance (life or P&C) product and industry
• Understanding of sales processes for Small Group, Mid Group and Ancillary products
• Excellent relationship management skills and proven ability to develop/strengthen relationships with key business partners
• Experience preparing and delivering presentations
• Experience working with Federal regulations related to all products: State regulations related to group, conversion and retiree benefits; group and individual life insurance; group underwriting; product benefit levels and strategies; managed care
• Excellent problem solving ability and superior risk management skills
• 215 Health and Life Insurance license (or willing to obtain one within 6 months of employment)
• 10+ years related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience and education
• Entrepreneurial mindset
• Experience with other products (Life, Dental, LTD, STD, MA, IU65)
• Knowledge of Health Insurance Underwriting
• Experience working with Agents and Brokers
• Experience with developing policies and procedures to effectively manage and coordinate assigned sales and service teams
• Passionately committed to providing great service and going above and beyond to deliver a great experience for our brokers and their clients
• Professional designations within the insurance industry (e.g.; RHU, CLU)