Essential Job Functions
This position reports to the Executive and Artistic Director at the Weidner Center and is responsible for planning and implementing sales and marketing programs targeted toward existing and new patrons. The Senior Director will serve to align the Weidner Center's sales goals with its branding and marketing programs, as well as align the patron experience from online interactions through venue attendance.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Analyze patron data for segmentation and targeted sales strategies.
- Utilize CRM software for data management, integrating sales and donor data.
- Develop strategic sales plans and forecasts to achieve the Weidner Center's objectives for earned sales revenue.
- Develop, plan, and oversee execution of robust group sales strategies.
- Develop and manage a sponsorship program.
- Oversee and evaluate market research, and adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Review and analyze sales performance against programs, quotes, and plans to determine effectiveness.
- Prepare marketing activity and ROI reports for executive management.
- Develop integrated marketing strategies to increase the visibility and stature of the Weidner Center across patron and stakeholder populations, including students, faculty and staff, and local and regional community members, donors, and corporate partners.
- Design patron communication plan, including surveys and other market/consumer research, to determine effectiveness of marketing activities and program participation.
- Stay informed on industry trends and developments in performing arts marketing and public relations to consistently improve cost-effectiveness of marketing and sales efforts.
- Provide overall direction and period review of the Weidner Center's ticketing vendor contract, as well as other marketing and customer-related software systems.
- Review and analyze departmental expenditures, earned revenue, audience segmentation, and overall analysis of market reach and program participation.
- Collaborate with Program Manager to set ticket levels and pricing for events.
- Supervise Director of Marketing, creative vendors, and patron/front of house services, ensuring development of coordinated unit plan that supports strategic goals, promotes performances and engagement events, retains and grows audiences, and builds loyalty segments.
- Oversee the execution of marketing in support of all individual event sales and subscriptions.
- Oversee data-driven decision marketing related to advertising methods, communication strategies, outreach event participation, and other promotional efforts to ensure goals for ticket sales are met.
- Supervise and guide the individual event and season integrated marketing plans.
- Oversee front of house customer service to align with long-term patron cultivation strategies.
- Ensure delivery of high-quality personal service to patrons, visitors, donors, and students.
- Develop volunteer recruitment, training, and retention plans with front of house manager.
- Bachelor's Degree in arts management, marketing, business, communications, or related field at time of application
- 8 total years' of progressive management experience, with 3 of those years in a supervisory role
- Budget management experience
- CRM software experience
- Experience in an arts and culture related field
The successful candidate will have strong oral, written, interpersonal, and organizational skills, the ability to communicate with a diverse student population, demonstrated integrity and strong leadership, and the willingness to be part of a collaborative team. The University welcomes applicants who are dedicated to enriching the quality of life for students and the community by embracing the educational value of diversity, promoting environmental sustainability, encouraging engaged citizenship, and serving as an intellectual, cultural, and economic resource.