MaxLinear is seeking a Senior Director of Analog/RFIC Design to lead a World-Class IC Design Team in Irvine, CA. You will be leading your team to design the fastest, highest performance communication systems ICs in the World in optical, wireless and home networks. These chips combine a wide range of engineering expertise in a single design and require close collaboration and creative problem-solving across traditional boundaries. This position combines some of the best aspects of technical and line management and includes the following responsibilities:
- Manage, inspire and develop a team of motivated, experienced and highly-skilled RF/Mixed-Signal engineers
- Build the team, participating in all aspects of recruiting, mentoring and training another generation of great engineers
- Guide the team in developing the architecture, definition, and design of challenging communication systems, requiring creativity and cross-functional innovation
- Work closely with Marketing, Communication Systems, Digital ASIC and RF Systems to take designs from product definition through tape-out, characterization, and release to high-volume production
You should have a proven track record of success in managing teams in high-performance/high-volume semiconductor markets. Desiredexperience in following areas:
- Recruiting, building and managing teams of IC design engineers
- Taking IC products from architecture through design to volume production
- An in-depth understanding of modern wireless or wireline communication systems
- Strong technical background with 10+years chip industryexperiencein at least one of the following areas:
- Analog/Mixed-Signal: data converters, filters, analog building blocks
- PLLs and frequency synthesis: integer-N and fractional-N PLLs, DLLs, crystal oscillators
- RF: LNAs, mixers, filters, PAs, and microwave circuits
- High-speed SERDES and related products such as optical transceivers
- Ability to make complex decisions on project planning and execution, on design tradeoffs to achieve performance, power, die size, and schedule targets
- Excellent communication skills and ability to excel and provide leadership in a fast-paced environment
- Master or Ph.D. in ElectricalEngineering with 15years of experience
MaxLinear is a global, New York Stock Exchange-traded company (NYSE: MXL) where the entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well. We are a fabless system-on-chip product company, designing highly integrated, radio-frequency, and mixed-signal Communications ICs for broadband and infrastructure applications.
We hire the best people in the world and engage them in some of the most exciting opportunities in our broadband and infrastructure markets. Our growth has come from innovative, bold approaches to solving some of the world’s most challenging communication technology problems.
MaxLinear began by developing the World’s first high-performance TV tuner chip using standard CMOS process technology. Others said we couldn’t achieve the extremely high performance requirements using CMOS, but we proved them wrong and achieved enduring global market leadership with our designs. Since then, we’ve developed a full line of products for satellite communications, cable modems, and terrestrial TV; diversified into high speed products addressing Datacom applications such as 400 Gbps fiber-optic interconnect chips for high-speed networks; and MoCA technology for home networking.
Our headquarters is in Carlsbad, near San Diego, California. We also have major design centers in Irvine and San Jose, CA; in Vancouver, Canada; in Herzliya, Israel; in Valencia, Spain; and in Bangalore, India.
We have approximately 800 employees, a substantial majority of whom have engineeringdegrees, and include masters and Ph.D. graduates from many of the premiere universities around the world. Our engineers thrive on innovation, outstanding execution, outside-the-box thinking, nimbleness, and collaboration. Together, we form a high-energy business team that is focused on building great products.