Senior Director of Property Management
Our client is one of the leading managers of affordable residential properties in the metro New York area. They specialize in tax credit and HUD-financed multi-family residential housing. seeking located
They are currently seeking a seasoned Director of Property Management (DPM) with strong operations experience in affordable housing to oversee the day to day operations of a portfolio of properties in the New York City Metropolitan Area and lead their team at their Nassau County headquarters.
Reporting to the Principals of the Company, you will be a member of the leadership team. You will support the property management staff in the accomplishment of their goals and objectives though the application of proven real estate expertise. You will be responsible for all Property Management Departments to ensure the successful operation of the properties under management; including: Compliance and Leasing, Collections, Rent Administration, Legal, Physical Maintenance, Purchasing, Accounting and Human Resources.
- Direct staff in preparing for reviews by regulatory agencies, lenders and investors.
- Review responses to findings or citations and ensure they are submitted to the agencies on time.
- Ensure that teams comply with current applicable landlord-tenant law and fair housing law including reasonable accommodation procedures and policy.
- Assists in the establishment and implementation of Company organizational strategies, goals and objectives to ensure efficient operations.
- Provides guidance and motivates department managers to obtain results, both at the property level and at the management office.
- Evaluates management staff, counsels and recommends areas for improvement.
- Makes annual salary recommendations based on overall performance ratings for staff
- Ensures that all employee training needs are assessed, and necessary training programs are designed and implemented to meet staff requirements.
- Be aware of all material property management issues.
- Responsible for ensuring through continuous periodic property visits/property inspections and regular review meetings exceptional portfolio performance.
- Participate in the review and negotiation of all annual maintenance and service contracts and proposals for major capital expenditures.
- Assists the Development team with functions involving the purchase of properties by providing feedback on due diligence items along with the transitioning of new acquisitions within the portfolio.
- Oversees the development and implementation of specific leasing and marketing plans for each property undergoing lease-up and strategies for handling ongoing vacancies.
- Work with vendors to evaluate and monitor utility usage to provide opportunities for savings.
- Work closely with the Accounting team to develop the annual budgets for the individual properties.
- Create, refine and implement operational policies and procedures.
- Work with site staff to address resident complaints.
- Bachelor's degree in management/finance or equivalent industry experience.
- Property Management experience in affordable housing with experience supervising site teams of Section 8 and/or LIHTC properties.
- Knowledge of Section 42 low-income housing tax credit, HUD, and similar housing programs.
- Strong organizational and management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Understanding of Local law and violations
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong written, oral and reading and communication skills to accurately obtain, interpret and transcribe complex programs at all levels of the organization.
- Strong computer skills and experience with Yardi, or other industry software applications.
- $200K - $250K depending on experience