This position is responsible for Teradata's Portfolio Review process and operating mechanism. A wing-tip to wing-tip Program Management approach is required to understand all aspects of our Portfolio from Concept through Commercialization. Teradata has a rich Portfolio including our Vantage platform and applications. This position is responsible for the cross-functional business intersections of Engineering, Product Management, Marketing, Sales and Customer Services. The individual in this position must ensure all dependencies and requirements are met for successful launch of offering. This position will work with each of these organizations at the Officer and Senior VP levels to ensure proper metrics for tracking Portfolio performance is being met. Further, the role will facilitate and coordinate the annual strategic planning process and drive new Business Case Reviews. The incumbent will also facilitate and lead the annual budget cycle input and the capital plan.
- Define and manage the Portfolio Management process for Teradata's entire product line from Concept to Commercialization developing best practices and applying continuous improvement in everything we do.
- Running Portfolio Reviews based on data ensuring to catch and resolve issues early.
- Ability to work closely with content drivers including Product Managers, Marketing, Customer Services, Engineering and Finance to ensure content is meaningful, complete and tied off with all stakeholders.
- Define Portfolio Management metrics for our funnel including awareness training, products sold, and adoption of products, customer experience, etc.
- Drive meaningful content in our Portfolio Reviews for the audience of Teradata's Officers and Senior VPs.
- Guide project and program managers to cover all aspects of the deliverables for the roadmap from Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, Sales deployment (Americas & International), training, publications, customer services, professional services, and Teradata partner products, to bring a product through the program realization process and to final general customer availability (GCA).
- Support Product Management activities related to open Teradata product offerings including pricing, revenue and market share projection, and results tracking.
- Work closely with Product Management and monitor business case performance. Schedule initial and updated reviews in Portfolio Reviews as necessary. Provide general oversight to the business P&L, managing and tracking of business case variables including revenue, cost of ownership and validation of assumptions.
- The desired candidate will be a change agent who can work with cross-functional business stakeholders to streamline processes with a goal of simultaneously improving our flow of products through the Portfolio.
- Passionate about the challenges of understanding how highly complex, massively parallel processing systems behave.
- Experience in building and leading high performing teams.
- Proficiency in working with extremely large data sets in a distributed computing environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to communicate advanced analytical concepts and complex quantitative analysis in a concise, clear and actionable manner.
- Positive attitude and intellectual curiosity.
This position is located in San Diego. This fast-paced high-tech environment is perfect for individuals seeking to exercise innovation and out of the box thinking to move our state of the art technology to the next level.
Skills & Attributes
The ideal candidate is a highly motivated who is ready to participate in a team environment and contribute to the success of Teradata. The successful candidate will possess excellent skills in organization and time management where scheduling priorities and efficiency in system configuration is essential. The selected candidate will possess good communication skills (verbal and written).
- A Bachelor's Degree in technical discipline + 15 years in related project management or engineering management required for this role.
- Master of Business administration, advanced technical degree or equivalent work experience is desired.
- Appropriate certifications (PMP, PgMP, SAFe, MBA)
- Understanding of Scrum, Agile/Lean principles, Kanban, etc.
- Ability to establish stakeholder relationships across the organization
- Managed programs in SaaS, PaaS, Cloud Applications, Web Architecture, Data Science, etc.
- The ideal candidate should be comfortable with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience with a tool set for portfolio, program and engineering such as Aha!, PPM, Jira, Rally, etc.
- Must be able to complete detailed work, organize efficiently and team effectively.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a track record of producing results in a team environment