As the Senior Director of Product Marketing, you will be responsible for building and leading the team that positions Armory’s product suite within the marketplace.
- Recruit, hire, and train a team of product marketing professionals.
- Define the Product Marketing strategy for the organization and work with the team to execute on achieving objectives through clear goal-setting.
- Use customer and competitive research to influence product strategy and roadmap.
- Develop product positioning, messaging and value propositions that differentiate Armory solutions within the marketplace.
- Develop and own cross-team marketing campaigns and GTM process to ensure successful launches for new product features and solutions.
- Engage directly and frequently with Armory customers and Spinnaker community members, and help bring the voice of the customer back into our product roadmap, strategy, positioning, and GTM.
- Craft engaging audience-specific marketing assets and content, including case studies, solution briefs, web content, presentations, data sheets, whitepapers and sales playbooks that can be utilized across the organization.
- Define market segmentation and develop the right product marketing strategy that maps to buyer personas and strategic business initiatives.
- Partner with the Marketing & Sales teams to build and execute on demand gen campaigns.
- Define and execute sales enablement strategy for sales/business development, field, solution architect and partner-facing roles; develop and deliver sales enablement content and playbooks.
- Conduct ROI/TCO analysis and develop content to help customers make the business case for Armory.
- Gather competitive intelligence on our key competitors and develop differentiation materials for the field and for external consumption.
- Develop and implement analyst engagement strategy and support industry analyst briefings.
- 8-10 years of experience in product marketing in the software industry, preferably within an area of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Technical background or clear understanding of developer products; familiarity with continuous integration and continuous delivery products a plus
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills to explain and translate complex technology concepts into simple and intuitive communications.
- Experience with Software-as-a-Service offerings a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, marketing, business, or related area; MBA is a plus.
- Proven track record of delivering high-quality product marketing plans and alignment within the marketing team and across functional areas
- Proven experience being self-directed and working with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated experience building credibility with and delivering results for product teams, sales teams and customers.
- Uses data to measure results and inform decision making and strategy development.