Actian is seeking a Director of Product Marketing with the necessary business and technical acumen to analyze a very dynamic cloud data warehouse market segment, analyze business models and customer requirements, create compelling, edgy messaging and substantive content, and drive our cloud demand generation initiatives holistically. Lead a dynamic virtual team including Engineering, Services, and Global Marketing to drive our Avalanche Cloud Data Warehouse business.
- Conduct competitive analysis against other Cloud Data Warehouse (CDW) providers and develop innovative business models and services offerings
- Determine service and product ecosystems surrounding CDWs for key use cases
- Work with Sales and Services to define and tailor new Actian Avalanche offerings, track and analyze sales to assess how best to adjust sales tools
- Create webinars, educational tips & tricks, in-app messaging, guides, product videos, customer success stories, blog posts, e-books, infographics, and other content.
- Develop persona-based messaging and content to support monthly and quarterly demand gen objectives and plans that are focused on customer segmentation, growth, and retention for Actian's Avalanche CDW.
- Strong product and or services marketing background in enterprise software, particularly cloud-based data management and/or analytic services.
- Understanding of demand generation waterfall process, message optimization, persona and buying cycle experience required.
- Solid writing, presentation and communication skills through modern digital tools.
- Analytical skills that align with how to think about competitive analysis, business models, data management and analytics, integrated campaigns and their outcomes.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and proactively to resolve issues, take ownership for tools and processes.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment as a driver and a builder.
- Small tech company marketing experience and strong project management skills required.
- Experience with WordPress, Marketo, Salesforce.com, Google Analytics a plus.