Develops strategic PR and communication plans/products to sync with Division-developed strategic priorities for the hospital/market. Drives our media relations program to heighten our positive reputation within the community. Develops internal and external content (written, web, video) in partnership with key service line leaders, physicians, and facility marketing directors. Identifies opportunities to leverage this content across the market and with Division AVP of Communications, across local, state and national media markets to create dynamic materials, messaging, events and forums that will positively engage the community to choose HCA Virginia Healthcare facilities. Measures success of all activities in order to refine and adjust as needed. Operates smoothly in a fast-paced, high-intensity matrix environment.
Leadership and Collaboration:
- Serves as an advisor and functional lead for all public relations and communications personnel in the market.
- Provides outstanding and timely customer service to internal and external stakeholders, including the media, Division and Corporate PR staff, providers, colleagues, etc. Develops and maintains positive working relationships with facility marketing directors, administration, directors, staff, and physicians, serving as an advisor and team member for all public relations and communications activities.
- Identifies opportunities to scale strategic activities across the market and outside of the market in collaboration with Division communications staff to improve reach and impact.
- Collaborates with Division communications and marketing team to develop parallel communications plans.
- Guides Division team on latest developments, launches, advances and needs for plans to ensure constant calibration and relevance of the activities.
- Collaborates with service line, department, sales, physician offices, HCA Physician Services, and operations leaders.
Earned Media Plan Execution:
- Develops and aligns PR and communication plans with Division-developed strategic plan for the hospital/market.
- Proactively interacts with media representatives to develop hospital-related news stories.
- Supports development and implementation of the strategic PR and communications plan to meet organizational needs and support primary hospital business goals. This will include earned media, e-news, and internal communication. Executes plan and measures ROI of all activities.
- Seeks out hospital or PSG care stories in collaboration with hospital Marketing Directors to drive positive perception of our facilities, programs, and people via media relations and social media. Places proactive, positive media stories, and manages reactive or crisis communications needs.
Managing Public Relations and Communications
- Stays abreast of hospital news, trends, services, and objectives through building and maintaining relationships with various "clients" (clinical and operational leaders from throughout the hospital), physicians, physician liaisons, and others who serve as resources for information.
- Understands internal and external policies, procedures, and regulations that impact the communications environment. Ensures adherence of communications activities and online properties to these policies.
- Develops facility-specific emergency communications plans in conjunction with Division and emergency operations staff. Manages crisis communications and serves as an on-call public information representative.
- Works with the Division AVP of Communications to determine appropriate media spokespersons for hospital events and news stories.
- Serves as lead communicator for strategic messaging to internal audiences: employees, volunteers, physicians, etc.
- With support from our Division Creative Services Team, develops materials needed in print, online, digital, video, blog and web. Identifies opportunities to scale creative assets across facilities within the market.
- Contributes to social media and digital communities via regular, active content development and information sharing.
- Drives community and customer engagement to heighten our positive reputation within the community. Identifies opportunities to create market-wide community engagement events (ribbon cuttings, etc.).
- Researches, develops, and manages new programs / initiatives for hospital’s community involvement.
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere’s most ethical company’s in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Required: 5+ years of experience marketing/communications/PR experience
Required: 1+ year of management experience
Required: Bachelor’s degree