This is a great opportunity to be a part of a successful Healthcare IT company experiencing significant growth. We have a proven product, brand-name customers, significant revenue and growth, and are backed by leading investors. Here you'll get to work with some of the smartest and most interesting people around; solving unique and complex challenges in healthcare on a scale matched by few companies.
Over 170,000 healthcare professionals, 67,000 pharmacies and 60% of the healthcare IT vendors in the market depend on us every day to manage medication safety and efficiency, reduce clinical errors, and improve patient outcomes.
Our culture is entrepreneurial, team oriented, collaborative, and fast-paced. If you get excited about stretching yourself in new ways, developing yourself to your fullest potential, and care about working with smart colleagues; we want totalk to you!
The Sr. Director, PBM Programs and Services is responsible for managing the planning and execution of PI strategic and tactical initiatives. The Sr. Director works closely with the President as well as development, product, sales and business development teams, existing and prospective clients, and internal DrFirst divisions to ensure the overall success of the programs; executing creative Physician and PBM focused medication management strategies developedby the PI team and ensuring fulfillment of contract obligations (e.g. client deliverables).
In this role, you will have line P&L responsibility for the PBM team, and a large part of your responsibility will be toensure good planning, accurate and attainable budgeting/forecasting, and achievement of aggressive financial goals. You will create and implement a strategic vision around PBM needs and solutions, be able to articulately convey that vision, and have the interpersonal and organization skills to drive the organization to achieve it.
We are looking for a dynamic individual with both business and technical skills who is:
- A driver who works with purpose and passion, someone whose focus on cultivating professional relationships and connections with clients ensures customer delight
- A builder who enjoys taking an existing franchise and continuing to build and grow it in new, innovative ways -recruiting and developing talented teams, implementing effective new processes, and optimizing business performance
- A trusted advisor and leader who sets a high-bar, represents DrFirst well in the industry both in operational aspects and in liaising effectively with external business partners and customers
- A collaborator who recognizes the value of working with key stakeholders across the organization developingthe go-to market messaging that positions DrFirst competitively to accelerate winning market share and profitability
What you will work on
Key responsibilities fall into four areas: Leadership, Program execution, Operations, and Analysis
- Collaborate on Strategy development, planning, and tactical decision-making on Patient Innovations PBM initiatives
- Hire, Manage, mentor, and hold accountable staff in areas of responsibility
- Recommend new products and programs based on emerging trends in the market, DrFirst core competencies
- Participate in financial planning, budgeting, and measuring Patient Innovations performance
- Actively advocate for headcount, process, innovations, organizational changes necessary for the success ofPatient Innovations
- Specifically define ongoing operating plans for execution of the PI service portfolio. This includes helping craft specific value propositions to Physicians, eHR partners, PBMs, and related Payers.
- Ensure that all SOWs are developed within able to be achieved delivery parameters, with all aspects from requirements definition through reporting requirements and delivery accounted for
- Work closely with Sales, Product, clinical team, and Legal to develop acceptable messages and workflow for PBM programs
- Work closely with Partners and Core business teams to educate, coordinate, and internally partner to drive strategic relationships and build PI reach
- Collaborate with Partners and Core business teams to understand technical requirements and operating needs regarding broader API integration (ie, Acute care, Long Term Care settings, Pharmacy) and ensure they are met
- Support pre-sales and post-sales prospects as well as work with the Sales team to manage interaction withclients
- Ensure that client deliverables are developed, calendared, and delivered with excellence in accordance withcontract terms
- Work closely with customers and internal organizations to proactively resolve issues and manage relationships
- Prepare relevant reporting and graphs for internal operational reporting (e.g. KPIs, Projections, meetings) and for general business management
- Support Patient Innovations and DrFirst management to support RFPs, internal projects, program requirements and schedules
- Advocate for and manage internal DrFirst groups to ensure compliance with Patient Innovation needs, escalating proactively to ensure on-time delivery
- Ensure that necessary data elements are being captured by DrFirst systems and ensure their accessibility
- Manage and coordinate data acquisition and analytics for Patient Innovations internal needs and customerreporting
- Work with internal DrFirst technology, support, and product teams to ensure high quality, reliability and meet PI SLAs
- Develop operational, customer, and strategic analytics and reports to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction, proof points for initiatives, accurate assessment of data to provide business cases for future Patient Innovations programs
- Bachelor’s degree in business or healthcare administration, computer science or similar field (Masters/MBApreferred)
- At least ten (10) years of direct industry experience with in health plan, PBM, or payers involving product marketing, consultative sales, strategic planning, or project management
- Demonstrated experience and effectiveness in working within and across departments to achieve strategic goals and activities
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional experience in managing customer relationships (via phone and in person) in a professional manner
- Strong communicator; ability to write, speak, and interact clearly and professionally
- Intense attention to details, focused and organized, and strong multi-tasking and time management skills
- Entrepreneurial, open minded, dynamic personality with extreme drive to success and can thrive in a fast-paced environment
- 50% Travel across DrFirst and customer locations in the US
- 50% desk and phone work
We offer comprehensive benefits to keep you healthy as you grow in your life and career. Your merit-basedcompensation will reflect the impact your work has on the company and our customers.