The Senior Director of People will scale our talent management systems. This role will involve leading and continuing to build out a team. Key responsibilities are as follows.
- Shape People strategy and scalable systems. Our rapid growth requires us to continuously improve and adapt our organization. This could mean formalizing our compensation approach, putting in place effective learning and development systems, or thinking through a global org design effort and working with our leadership team to get it done. You will drive the long-term strategy to help us scale and spearhead execution as we get ready for whatever is ahead.
- Own and operationalize global compensation approach. This role will be responsible for formalizing our compensation model company-wide (across brands and global markets incl. US, China, Hong Kong, etc.). You will go from big-picture principles down into the nitty gritty of driving quarterly bonus calculation and payout.
- Shape the thinking on talent development and career paths. With a recent acquisition of a SaaS platform, we more and more need to think about career paths and development for profiles ranging from Montessori teachers, to Regional Admissions Specialists, to Software Engineers. You will formalize are principles here and put this into practical action, including ownership of our performance management process.
- Drive employee experience. A key part of this mandate will be building the systems and team to deliver a compelling employee experience. This includes everything from diversity & inclusion, to events and connectivity, to surveys and skip-level meetings.
- Lead and build a high-performing team. The Senior Director of People will have the opportunity to build and lead a team that will include HR managers, benefits specialists, payroll, talent recruiting, and any other profiles that make sense or are needed to get the job done. You will shape the operating model and team structure and drive hiring where needed.
We’d love to talk to you if you have…
- 7+ years’ experience in HR, Talent, Culture, and/or People Operations preferably in a fast-growing company with 5+ years’ experience managing teams
- Experience at a business strategy level (e.g., diagnose that sales team needs to triple their quota and proactively put in place systems to make that more likely)
- Drive to build something, including a propensity to constantly look at processes to find ways to make them more efficient, collaborative and scalable
- Experience leading successful cross-departmental projects where you identified a problem, came up with a solution and executed, ideally with a team
- Deep knowledge or experience putting in place global compensation approaches, learning and development systems, and/or shaping a People function
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, incl. ability to assess a situation by gathering facts and evaluating data
- A passion for education and a sense of humor