Glen Burnie, MD
5 - 7 years
Posted 110 days ago
What You Will Do:
The FULL TIME Senior Director of Operations is jointly responsible with the Medical Director for the successful business, financial, and operational performance of the physician enterprise. In addition, the Executive Director recommends strategies to enhance and/or grow physician services, establishes business plans and monitors the overall performance of physician services in the region. Direct reports include, but are not limited to, the Director(s)/Managers of Practice Management. The Executive Director will be a leader in playing a pivotal role along with the Medical Director in bringing his or her expertise to the organization to help it facilitate superior operational, financial and clinical performance.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
1. Provide operating oversight of physician service operations.
2. Implement a vision and business/operating plans targeted to promote the growth and enhancement of physician services. In this regard works in partnership with the regional market leadership to enhance the future affiliation and integration of physicians
3. Lead and provide the direction and coordination of activities necessary to develop, implement, monitor, recommend modification as necessary, and achieve the practice’s business and strategic plans’ stated results
4. Build, lead and maintain a culture that supports and enables quality skilled physician and staff recruitment and retention inclusive of core values consistent with a primary focus on the quality of care, integrity, team performance, continued professional and personal development, as well as, motivating, evaluating and providing feedback to physicians and staff on job related criteria and areas of accountability
5. Monitor and manage fiscal activities together with the Director of Decision Support and lead the practice’s financial performance. Ensure adequate budgeting, reporting and auditing on a regular basis
6. Manage personnel and oversee the professional development of the physician and administrative leaders responsible for the operations of physician services
7. Develop and implement physician service standards and operating systems to enhance the effectiveness of physician services, including information management, office management, scheduling, patient service and other operating improvements
8. Coordinates physician employment initiatives conducting group practice assessments and other due diligence processes and recommends employment offerings
9. Lead the quality experience initiatives for physician service operations. In this role, the Executive Director oversees the implementation of quality programs, orchestrates major process improvement initiatives, oversees the implementation of new customer experience models and provides quality outcome reports to the public and other major constituencies
10. Provides input concerning payer contract negotiation and contract compliance activities to UMMS Payer Contracting Shared Services
11. Participate in risk management related activities targeted to proactively minimize risk and promote the safety of patients, families, employees, and others
12. Under the guidance of the Medical Director, participate as a team member of various teams to create innovative solutions associated with the provision of medical care and the strategic development of physician
What You Need to Be Successful:
1. Bachelor’s Degree is required. Master’s Degree in Health Administration is preferred.
2. Five (5) years of experience managing Physician Practices is required.
3. Healthcare system physician group practices experience with a sizable employed physician base preferred.
4. Experience working in physician-led, integrated healthcare delivery organization preferred.
5. Strong experience developing and implementing operating plans, and analyzing financial and quality data; experience in developing and/or operating management service organizations, beneficial.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Highly effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to communicate effectively with all levels hospital staff, patients, visitors, and levels of staff.
2. Knowledgeable of various physician compensation plans, incentives and contracting arrangements
3. A continuous learner who can demonstrate competencies as outlined in the medical practice Body of Knowledge through professional achievement in attaining Certification/Fellowship in the American College of Medical Practice Executives (Medical Group Management Association), and/or in American College of Healthcare Executives
4. A successful influencer who can interact effectively with diverse groups of stakeholders such as other physicians, healthcare administration, and staff.
5. A leader in demonstrating how to build a partnership between physicians and administration.
6. Strong communication skills, including listening and presenting.
7. Ability to build trust and confidence with utmost integrity.
8. Ability to facilitate and lend successful outcomes on such matters as physician compensation that is mutually satisfactory to all stakeholders.
9. Ability to lead change and achieve support for change; builds consensus.
10. Strong customer service focuses for patients and employees.
11. Solid business acumen and analytical skills.
12. Patient yet persistent when appropriate.
13. Takes accountability and responsibility for own actions.
14. A team player who can build collaborative relationships across the organization.
15. Understands value of technology and able to address issues of costs, benefit/risk analysis.
16. Clinical credibility with physician constituencies.
17. Ability to motivate others.
18. Results oriented personality; a self-starter
19. High tolerance for complex, ambiguous and changing environment.