About The Role
SoFi is looking for a hands on Senior Director of Mortgage Operations in beautiful Healdsburg, California. You’ll be part of a team of outstanding professionals and report directly to the VP of Mortgage Sales and Operations.
The Senior Director of Mortgage Operations works with Senior Director of Mortgage Sales to oversee the end to end mortgage process. They will be directly responsible for: active pipeline management, loan operations/technical review, underwriting, closing, funding, and post-closing. The Senior Director is directly responsible for ensuring the timely, accurate, compliant processing and closing/dispositioning of all loans. The Senior Director is responsible for setting and communicating direction, goals, and objectives in alignment with production goals and objectives across their organization. They will be responsible for managing the staff build out, technology implementation and training for the organization and will work in partnership with the rest of the mortgage team in support of the rapid growth of the mortgage business.
By joining SoFi, you’ll become part of a forward-thinking technology company that is transforming financial services with innovative loan products and investment tools. Recently ranked as one of the fastest growing fintech companies in the Bay Area, we’ve grown from 150 to 1200+ employees in the past year and just raised a $1.9 Billion round of funding. We offer the excitement of a rapidly growing startup with the stability of a seasoned management team.
The following list outlines the responsibilities of the Senior Director of Mortgage Operations:
- Direct oversight for: loan operations/technical review, underwriting, closing, funding, and post-closing.
- Exhibit effective workforce management skills and can achieve/maintain productivity in each department.
- Ensure training and guidance is implemented and monitored for all departments
- Responsible for staffing and budgeting of the department
- Work collaboratively with Vice President Mortgage Sales and Operations, Senior Director Mortgage Sales, Quality Assurance, Compliance and Capital Markets to develop and implement productivity and quality standards and to ensure successful sale of loans in secondary market that meet investor guidelines
- Maintain a critical defect rate at 0% and a serious defect rate of less than 5% error rate on QC reports with a goal of lower than 3%
- Work with the reporting and analytics team to develop productivity and quality scorecards for the departments
- Four-yeardegree or equivalent experience.
- Operations Leadership: 5 years
- Mortgage Operations: 10 years
- End to end Mortgage Operations Management: 5 years Demonstrated leadership skills.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, hands on processing improvement, active pipeline management, organizational, teamwork and customer service skills.
- Strong PC skills (MS Office) required, must have experience with Mortgage origination systems (Encompass Preferred), platforms tools and technology.
- dealing with multiple investor requirements
- resolving issues with external closing agents and vendors
- resolving customer complaints satisfy both the investor and the borrower
- understanding of the regulations as it applies to fulfillment
- establishing KPI’s across the originations operations team