Senior Director of Marketing - CRM Global Strategy & Programs
8 - 10 years experience • Financial Services
A simple job posting will not do this opportunity justice. This role is for someone with a unique set of skills that includes: Business Operations, Marketing and Technical acumen.
Are you someone who likes to design something new? Do you like challenges that lead to greater success? My client is embarking on an initiative that will restructure communication between company brands and incorporating customer data in a new way. Lead this critical, hand selected team by roadmapping and executing the necessary goals to make these ideas become reality within Automation Marketing, CRM Strategy and other relevant programs.
The Purpose of this role is 3 fold:
- Directly Manage a team - CRM Manager, Marketing Automation Manager and Email Developers - to implement the marketing automation requests of the company
- Strategy - Work directly with the VP and other C-level stakeholders to successfully roll out and implement an enterprise Salesforce CRM solution. Be a Champion of Change. Overcome questions and inquiries to keep the program moving forward. Create a roadmap that will lead to a successful implementation.
- Capture Customer Data - In a B2C environment, play an integral role in capturing customer data and web behaviors to assist cross functional teams on how to optimize that data from a marketing automation stand point
What This Role Is Not:
- This role is not a creative, fundamental marketing position. You will NOT be designing campaigns and campaign content
- This role supports Marketing and Sales, but it is neither a Marketing or Sales department position
- This role is not just strategy or just tactical/hands on...It is both!
What You Really Want To Know:
- Competitive Compensation with aggressive bonus
- Daily commute is required to Northern NJ. Possible commute mix with Jersey City office as well.
- Sponsorship is not offered at this time
- Report to VP level
- Relocation Assistance is provided
- 3 Weeks Vacation
- Excellent Benefits
- PLEASE NOTE: Salesforce Cloud and SF CRM are REQUIRED for this role. CRM experience in general is not enough for this role.
The Director/Senior Director, CRM Strategy & Programs is responsible for developing the global CRM strategy and leading its execution for the COMPANY brands across all regions. In this role, you will collaborate closely with leaders across multiple business user groups and global teams to create and execute CRM strategies that are aligned to the short-term and long-term goals of the business, focused on building capabilities and business processes designed to optimize the overall customer experience. You will also act as business owner for the company’s suite of enterprise level CRM platforms including Salesforce, ExactTarget, SiteCore, etc.
One of the COMPANY’s strategic priorities is to leverage CRM to better engage with customers throughout their end-to-end journeys -- customer obsession that will drive higher levels of company revenue. The key objectives of this position will be to help grow revenue by successfully delivering enhanced sales and marketing capabilities, tools and processes that enable customer facing teams to deliver high quality, cost-efficient service. Measurements of success include improved customer engagement and retention metrics, lower service costs, and higher overall customer satisfaction.
- Lead a cross-functional team to develop the strategic CRM roadmap, with the goal of aligning business processes with customer strategies that build customer engagement and loyalty, including operationalizing customer segmentation and propensity scores, implementing & optimizing customer journeys, and enabling sales & customer service
- Build close relationships with operational leaders across the business, including sales, brand and regional marketing, partnerships and customer operations, to develop an intimate understanding of needs, priorities, strategies and plans. Ensure compliance, BI and technology requirements are fully considered in all plans
- Establish milestones and manage the implementation and evolution of our CRM strategy
- Lead internal communication to ensure stakeholders are well-informed regarding priorities and timelines
- Partner withtechnology to drive project execution and provide leadership in defining scope, prioritization and acceptance criteria
- Supervise the team responsible for the development and execution of CRM capabilities and programs across all channels to ensure consistent customer experience. Triage and prioritize incoming BAU requests to ensure strategic relevance and scalability, along with maximizing team’s efficiency
- Work in collaboration with analytics team to measure and report performance of CRM propositions; building out test and learn plans to improve KPIs
- Provide business insight regarding customer data, partnering with BI on customer data availability and access, in company’s effort to deliver on Single View of Customer
- Lead the Company’s Customer Satisfaction measurement efforts, such as NPS, client exit survey; involving key business stakeholders and communicating results across the firm
- Champion CRM concepts and capabilities to senior leaders and drive adoption across the enterprise
- Lead the teams (direct reports) responsible for marketing automation and email development, including: prospect/client journey development; satellite user (brand email campaign teams) enablement; recommendations on email best practices, optimization, GA tagging, etc.; acting as back-up and/or support to brand campaigns teams as needed; and ensuring knowledge share sessions with brand email campaign teams at least once per quarter
Required Skills /Qualifications
- Bachelors degree, Masters or MBA preferred
- A minimum of 7years of Marketing, CRM and Campaign Management experience that includes direct marketing and multi-channel integrated communications
- Good working knowledge of the application of Marketing technologies stack for customer experience / CRM / digital media
- Experience with SalesforceSales and Marketing Automation (Exact Target) cloud required
- Strong customer focus (both internal & external) and understanding of CRM principles and strategies
- A team player, with a demonstrated record of partnering with teams across the organization and influencing to achieve alignment and business results across multiple teams who may have different goals
- Strong strategic mindset. Complex and innovative problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking capabilities. Understands the business and is able to connect business challenges and CRM strategy/tactics
- Passion for data-driven marketing and business intelligence; proven success in utilizing analytics to provide strategic recommendations
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Disciplined; has the ability to manage competing priorities and operate effectively within a highly matrixed, global organization
- Excellent cross functional project management experience with an ability to partner with and motivate others
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with demonstrated ability to recruit and develop team members