Home Point Financial Corporation (HPFC) is a rising star in the financial services industry. At Home Point, we created a culture that encourages community, caring and open communication. We want our associates to speak up, become innovators and make impactful changes – no matter what position they hold within the company. What makes our team special? Our “We Care” approach in all that we do. At HPFC we collaborate, question the norm, reinvent and help each other succeed. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to develop your career, then we have a great opportunity for you!
The Senior Director of IT Security Systems reports to the Senior Managing Director of IT Infrastructure Systems with a matrixed reporting responsibility to the Chief Security Officer.
This position is responsible for the IT Security team managing and operating IT Security tools. This vital role is deemed the first line of defense for perimeter and internal IT security management, thus protecting Home Point Financial's computer environment and electronic data from malicious activities.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- The position is responsible for managing the IT team operating and maintaining the following:
- IT Data Security & Integrity
- Application Provisioning & Entitlement
- AD Validations (i.e., who has not logged in 30 days)
- IT Security Review / Analysis
- KnowB4 (phishing training tool)
- Rapid 7 (SIEM)
- Vulnerability Management
- Abnormal Security and Phish Security
- OpSec Brand and Fraud Management
- IT Forensics (as requested by Human Resources or Risk)
- Documentation and escalation of IT Security Exception Documents
- Other IT Security Toolsets (when implemented)
- Escalation of security breaches per Home Point Financials IT Security Policies.
- Understand and operate within a financial budget.
- Responsible for the team's budgeting forecast.
- Ensure IT Data Security artifacts are presented to the CSO position on an established (and agreed to) schedule.
- Ability to work directly with IT peers and business management driving problems and resolutions.
- Shares best practices, lessons learned, and works with other technical teams to ensure we are following security standards and methodologies.
- Engaged with Proof of Concepts, Bake-Offs, security implementations, and projects.
- Engaged to help drive Home Point Financials' growth and profitability.
Education and/or Experience:
- Knowledge of banking and mortgage security programs and compliance, e.g., GLBA, NIST, and FFIEC.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Preferred Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science Background
- Minimum of 8 years in IT Management.
- Minimum of 5 years in IT Security functions.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong knowledge of IT Security concepts.
- Financial Industry experience preferred.
- Experience with SOC, Federal, State, and other auditing exams and exercises.
- Necessary Communications skills to present materials to a broad audience (in person or virtual).
- Self-motivated with a desire to mentor subordinates.
- Experience successfully working remotely and/or with geographically dispersed teams.
- The position may require some travel.