This individual will provide oversight and guidance regarding various tax transparency initiatives, transfer pricing compliance and planning, international expansion activities, implications of tax reform as well as financial reporting and tax compliance matters. The potential locations for this role are New York, Charlotte, NC and Waltham, MA.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
*Represent Corporate Tax on international expansion initiatives and provide oversight and manage key issues relating to tax posture of foreign affiliates and joint ventures.
*Plan and coordinate our US and foreign tax positions such that TIAA achieves an optimal overall tax posture, including the implications of the recently enacted tax reform changes. .
*Provide guidance, oversight and manage certain aspects of our compliance with relevant BEPS initiatives, including Country by Country Reporting
*Teaming with our Transfer Pricing Senior Manager, engage in effective transfer pricing planning and meet US and local country transfer pricing standards for controlled transactions.
*Review international tax aspects of the various US tax provisions and federal tax compliance and provide guidance regarding process improvements
*Represent Corporate Tax in resolving IRS audit matters relating to international tax matters.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting required
- 8-12+ years of experience in an international tax role with a focus on financial service entities
- Public accounting or law firm experience required
- Excellent research, documentation and communication skills
- CPA or JD (with LLM) or Master’s Degree required
- M&A Experience
- Accounting for Income Taxes
- Transfer Pricing Experience
- Understanding of BEPS requirements