Erickson Living is currently one of the largest senior housingdevelopers and managers in the United States and ideally positioned for continued growth. We are expanding and developing in all of our 20 communities, which will reinforce our position as a national leader in senior housing and health care services. This growth requires a strong development, design andconstruction team to manage the various projects. We currently have a job opening for a Senior Director of Interior Design for Development &Construction to work in our corporate headquarters located in Catonsville, Maryland. This person isresponsible for all EL Interior Design Standards and Guidelines as well as the successful implementation of accepted interior design schemes throughout all new development and existing community projects. Senior Director of Interior Design Job Responsibilities
- Work with the EL Development Partners to select interior design firms and procure interior design services as needed.
- Work with EL Development Project Teams, including third party consultants, to promote and administer EL Interior Design Guidelines across the communities.
- Provide guidance, attend meetings and review drawings as required ensuring project adherence to corporate standards and guidelines for new and existing communities.
- Keep current with industry trends regarding, finishes, furnishing and design themes. Integrate information into design standards and project reviews as required.
- Establish regionally based interior design programmatic concepts for new developments and existing community life-cycle including but not limited to product specifications and product cost guidelines.
- Establish furniture budgets for new buildings in developing communities and major repositioning projects.
- Liaison to Procurement Services to support project management and national accounts to support product Standardization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilityrequired. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Willing to travel up to 50%
- Bachelors in Interior Design or equivalent. NCIDQ Certification or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in contracting and managing project teams and/or third party consultants.