Penske Media is expanding its Human Resources team with the addition of a Senior Director of Human Resources position in our NYC office. In this role, you will be an integral member of the entire HR team as the team creates, establishes, and implements HR strategies that foster organization and people development across our rapidly growing domestic and international operations.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-scaling, mission-oriented company with a highly collaborative HR team that values new ideas, creative thinking, knowledge-sharing and a commitment to business partnership. The HR team, working across multiple locations, is comprised of senior level executives, HR generalists, talent acquisition, and payroll. Your service-oriented attitude will help you to thrive in a role where you are expected to develop your leadership and grow in your career. This is an opportunity to challenge your skills and become one of the strong HR mentors that help shape our success.
- Partner/collaborate with leadership team to align and execute HR strategies in support of department initiatives.
- Lead and leverage HRprocesses (incl. Employee Relations; Benefits, Performance Management, Employee Engagement & Communication) for client groups.
- Manage complex employee relations issues including organizational and structural changes.
- Develop and implement appropriate change management plans.
- Implement and monitor adherence to HR policies, procedures and practices.
- Provide advice, counsel and coaching to employees regarding HR policies and procedures.
- Uncover, assess and propose opportunities for HR process
- Knowledge and practical application of HR disciplines including U.S employment and labor laws, employee relations, management & leadership development, performance management, organizational design and compensation philosophies.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work with minimal guidance or direct supervision
- Demonstrated ability to resolve complex problems with creative solutions
- Process and detail oriented, including strong organization, time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to work independently, strategize and influence at all organizational levels
- Demonstrated ability to understand the client’s business and develop both strategic and tactical solutions to tangible business challenges
- Proven ability to manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the organization
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 10-12 years professional level HR generalist experience
- SPHR/PHR or HRCI Certification preferred
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States