The role of Infrastructure & Service Excellence develops and oversees the Infrastructure & Operations team and the Service Excellence team. These teams are responsible for building, managing and supporting all of the platforms, tools and services that enable data storage and analysis, voice and video communications, IoT and IIoT capabilities, application development and IT support.
The role is responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of all technology infrastructure capabilities across the organization while developing and implementing a transformational infrastructure roadmap in alignment with IT and business strategic plans.
This role will ensure the highest standards of excellence in supporting the confidentiality, availability and integrity of information while delivering systems that not only meet business requirements but also fit within a scalable framework supporting our long-term expansion.
Essential to have hands-on experience with cloud technologies and infrastructure engineering with a strong aptitude for systematic problem-solving coupled with a strong sense of urgency.
Major Tasks and Responsibilities
- Create and maintain an infrastructure delivery strategy and standards that align with the organization’s product/project delivery and operations practices and perform strategic planning, architecture, design, and delivery for the company’s network and distributed solutions (including IaaS/Cloud solutions, PaaS, SaaS, Colo/Hosted/Managed data centers, and onsite servers, storage, etc.).
- Develop and drive strategy to maintain a production environment with a high level of service availability and improve overall operational efficiency.
- Deploy, automate, and manage multi-cloud (Private, AWS, Azure, Google) based production system, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of production systems.
- Build state of the art solutions while being held accountable for removing technical debt in our legacy systems in the context of leading and operating the cloud fabric of the platform.
- Maintain strong relationships with strategic cloud partners.
- Collaborate with Finance to determine the service costs and cost allocation methods for the services.
- Build highly collaborative relationships with cross functional teams. Understand their goals to build and prioritize a roadmap for your organization.
- Ensure seamless upgrades of infrastructure and services.
- Define, design and implement comprehensive monitoring strategy to detect and isolate issues before impacting system availability.
- Define and design performance and capacity plans and work to ensure optimal performance.
- Ensure critical system security using best in class cloud security solutions.
- Provide cloud operations best practice and oversight for execution activities.
- Scale and lead an innovative global cloud operations organization. Identify and recruit top talent.
- Drive performance by managing, mentoring and guiding the professional and technical development of your team members. Help develop their careers and assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals.
- Ensure all tasks are performed according to company’s best practices and compliance rules.
- Common Responsibilities
- - Develop and manage to capital and expense budgets.
- - Negotiate and administer service agreements and contracts with vendors.
- - Stay abreast of trends and regulations to ensure effectiveness and compliance.
- - Stay updated on new business developments and technology changes.
- - Identify and recommend system and process enhancements to improve the business.
Requirements / Qualifications
- A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- An ability to think ahead and plan over a 12-24 month time span.
- The ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Problem analysis and resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- A strong commitment to employee training and development.
- Demonstrated and broad customer orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience building high performing teams and acting as a strong team player.
Contacts and Relationships
This position works closely and cooperatively with others within the IT department and all of the senior leaders of the operational and sales departments in the Company. Also works with external technology vendors.
Experience / Training / Education
A Bachelor’s degree or higher from a four-year college or university in computer science, engineering or related field and 10+ years of experience in cloud technologies including SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, and 5+ years as a people manager is required to successfully perform this job; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.