POET Bioprocessing facilities are highly integrated facilities which leverage industry-leading, proprietary technology to monitor and control the process of converting renewable resources to biofuel and other coproducts. It is the responsibility of the Sr. Director of Finance to lead a team that provides accounting and finance support in the daily and strategic operation of a bioprocessing facility.
If you are an experienced leader interested in a challenging, fast-paced environment working for an industry-leading company where you enjoy solving problems and leading a team, then this opportunity may be the right fit for you.
DURING A TYPICAL DAY (IF THERE IS ONE):
- You will be a strategic business partner to the PPM leadership team, POET Finance team, and PBR Board of Managers.
- Under your leadership, your team will drive value added strategy, planning and analysis for PPM and PBR plants.
- You'll build and maintain relationships with plant, commodity, ethanol and co-product marketing teams.
- Liaise with other POET finance teams to ensure alignment of goals which maximize Bioprocessing cash flow.
- You'll frequently connect with your team members to guide, coach, and develop them in meeting their personal and professional goals.
- You'll have the opportunity to coordinate team members on bioprocessing capital projects, ensuring spend maximizes ROI.
- You will continually evaluate the landscape of Bioprocessing competitive advantage, recommending operating and/or strategic recommendations to plant leadership.
- Since we're all about teamwork and getting the job done, your skill will be put to a lot of other uses!
CHARACTERISTICS OF A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
- You are humble and value relationships, yet driven and highly energetic.
- You have grit, the ability to persevere and rally teams to achieve extraordinary results.
- You communicate effectively in writing and in person.
- You have a strong finance and/or accounting background with experience as a Controller or Finance lead.
- You are comfortable with conflict and are able to navigate ambiguous situations.
- You have strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- You are a change agent.