This role is located in the Washington DC / Virginia area.
We are seeking currently seeking an Americas Finance Leader for our client's Business which has a revenue of $300M to $400M. This is a key finance role in the company, and the selected individual will partner with the VP/GM and its leadership team to drive profitable growth and strong return on investment (ROI), competitively acquainting new customers, while ensuring an environment of strong controllership and compliance for the global P&L's. This position reports to the VP/CFO of the business unit and will be based in DC Metro / VA Area. The role has 2 direct reports and collaborates with other finance functions to provide end to end finance infrastructure support.
- Strategically partner with the VP/GM and leadership team to drive profitable growth through analysis, influencing and action on risk assessment, contracting excellence, pricing, business ventures, customer profitability and cost control.
- Partner with controllers to ensure the accuracy of all finance statements and strong project controls.
- Provide leadership to expand ROI through efficient deployment of capital investments, working capital and resources.
- Act as a "Chief Operating Officer" to ensure global alignment across functional organizations including Services, Projects Operations, Integrated Supply Chain, Sales, IT, HR and Strategic Marketing to achieve business commitments.
- Provide thought leadership in effective risk mitigation processes, estimating and contracting excellence, project accountability to budgets, driving cost to serve and productivity initiatives thru labor SIOP while managing a global engineering and estimation team. Demonstrate conviction in setting the tone in driving accountability over project lifecycle on claim management and project budgets.
- Lead reporting, forecasting and planning process, including distribution of appropriate financial targets for profitable growth of the various business segments and proactive analysis of the financial statements for opportunities to increase income.
- Knowledge of DCAA0 CAS (Cost Accounting Standards), pricing.
- Perform market, customer and Project analysis to proactively identify both new opportunities and potential risks to future business performance.
- Ensure approval decisions of new project proposals and other financial decisions and commitments as outlined in the Schedule of Executive Approvals
- Coordinate with Corporate Center of Technical Accounting and other shared service organizations to ensure timely and accurate transaction processing.
- Collaborate with a team of finance professionals, while managing career progression for 2 direct reports.
- Solid financial background with significant experience in Operational Management, Sales and Customer Services, Logistics and commercial contract negotiation.
- Ability to travel 30%.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 10+ years of experience in a senior-level accounting/finance position.
- 5+ years of experience managing others, including demonstrated success in effectively leading and developing a team.
- Experience with government contract compliance – FAR and CAS
- Experience in a lead finance role within a project type business