Senior Director of Finance, Enterprise Security Location: Mt. View, CA
Symantec is looking for a dynamic leader to lead finance for the Enterprise Security business unit. This role will report directly to the SVP Finance, Enterprise Security and will provide full oversight of the BU P&L and operations including top line. The role will have interaction and visibility with the executive leaders within the Enterprise Security Business Unit, overall company CFO, and company executive management including the President and COO. This role will lead the ESG finance team and will work in close partnership with the sales finance and deal desk teams.
As the Senior Director of Finance, ESG you will be responsible for setting the vision and priorities for the team spanning ESG finance in support of the business unit executives. In addition, you will identify opportunities for continuous process improvement across the organization. You will build and lead a high-performing team by setting goals and helping people succeed in their careers.
You will bring thought leadership and serve as a business partner to senior executives in the Enterprise Security business. You will drive value with a focus on leading the company’s annual plan and long term strategic planning processes, and monthly/quarterly forecastingprocesses. You will also support a wide range of strategic analysis, decision-making, and management reporting for the group. Responsibilities will also include driving efforts to scale our FP&Aprocesses as we grow and face increasing business complexity and changing business models.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Lead and align team members and partner with the SVP Finance to work with respective organizations within the Enterprise Security Business Unit to, prepare financial analysis, decision support analysis, financial modeling and provide ad-hoc analytical support
- Partner with sales finance and deal desk in understanding and evaluating bookings, pipeline, sales capacity, commissions and compensation plans, renewal rates, and revenue
- Manage the annual planning process, long term strategic plan and monthly/quarterly forecast process for the ESG BU.
- Partner with sales, sales ops, deal desk to prepare the ESG revenue forecast based on inputs including booking and billings forecast, duration, and product mix
- Drive the KPI process for the ESG business unit in the areas of spend, headcount, bookings, billings, renewal rates, etc.
- Evaluate M&A opportunities as they surface and recommend actions that align the Company’s long-term growth strategy and short-term financial and operational goals.
- Drive the Company’s monthly business unit process along with additional presentations to executive management
- Facilitate finance optimization efforts and help us build a world-class FP&A organization by developing, standardizing, maintaining and driving continuous improvement of all planning and forecast process.
- Significant experience in FP&A and sales finance in (15+ years) and at least Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, or a quantitative discipline, comfortable with dealing with various financial/reporting tools. Experience in technology and specifically in security is a plus. Professional qualification such as MBA, CPA, CMA, or CFA is also a big plus
- Demonstrated excellence in business analytics and tools. Advanced Excel skills, powerpoint, and systems experience such as Business Objects, Planning Systems (Hyperion) and Oracle Financials is highly desirable
- Strong leadership skills, exceptional written and verbal communication skills, mentoring skills and be analytical and customer-focused
- Extensive experiencepartnering with senior leadership both in Finance and cross-functionally is required. She/he should have strong influencing skills and ability to work in a collaborative and team-centric culture
- Hands-on approach, proactive attitude, and ability to work successfully in a fast-paced team environment with the ability to drive change organizationally through new processes and innovation
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.