Purpose of Position:
The Senior Director of Finance will oversee all financial aspects of the business unit and drive the company's financial strategy and planning. Reporting to the Global VP of Corporate Finance, You will be working with the VP of Operations and the VP of Sales to achieve common goals to increase profitability by reducing costs, increasing turnover, productivity, and improving overall efficiency. You will also be responsible for the monthly reporting of the business's results for legal and management review as well as monthly forecasting and annual budget and planning processes.
A Senior Director of Finance is a reliable professional with broad knowledge of all accounting, financial and business principles. They are strategic thinkers and effective leaders who can be business partners and help the organization make the most profitable decisions. The goal is to guide the company towards profitability and long-term success.
- Drive the financial performance of the company by identifying and implementing improvements and efficiencies which will reduce cost in the manufacturing process.
- Identify areas for improvement to boost sales performance and reduce risk.
- Maintain constant awareness of the company's financial position and act proactively to prevent problems.
- Supervise accounting and finance department of 21 staff.
- Ensure adherence to US GAAP.
- Responsible for SOX control compliance.
- Ensure internal and external auditors are given accurate information on a timely manner.
- Drive efficient cash flow processes for collections, payments etc. in order to maximize the company's operating cash flows.
- Prepare timely and detailed reports on financial performance by product line on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Compliance with Corporate Reporting timelines for actual and management reporting as well as forecasts and budgets.
- Prepare accurate monthly forecasts and weekly updates for to report to top management.
- Ensure that divisional strategic and financial goals are competently developed/projected and achieved.
- Lead team in ensuring that accounting, control, audit and administrative duties are performed effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure that financial information is accurately developed, analyzed and reported to management.
- Manage, motivate and develop Accounting, Finance and IT staff.
- Ensure the adherence to corporate financial policies and procedures within the division.
- Support all other functional areas by providing financial assistance and senior level consultation when needed.
- Accountable for accuracy of financial reports for assigned entities and subsidiaries.
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance.
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget.
- Oversee daily operations of the finance and accounting departments.
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and product investment decisions.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal requirements.
- Work with department managers to develop five- year business plans.
- Assist in establishing short and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure to effectively accomplish the department's goals and objectives.
- Serve on planning and policy-making committees.
- Serve as primary government liaison relative to financial issues.
What you will need: (competencies, behaviors & attributes)
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Developing Direct Reports and Others
- Drive for Results
- Priority Setting
Minimum Skills Required
- Master's Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business with strong Accounting experience from an accredited institution.
- 10 to 15 years of experience in a mid to senior level finance or accounting position.
- Proven experience of being a successful business partner to achieve common goal of improving profitability.
- An analytical mind with a strategic ability.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis.
- Small and large project/program orientation.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight time frames and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Proven experience as director of finance or similar role.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (e.g. SAP or JD Edwards).
- Ability to travel and/or relocate within USA or Abroad.