Senior Director of Digital - Global Shared Functions
The Senior Director of Digital – Global Shared Functions will be responsible for building a Digital Center of Competence to drive thought leadership, strategic direction, process excellence, digital innovation, operational excellence and master data governance related Global Finance, Human Resources, and Legal functions. This role will report functionally to the Chief Digital & Information Officer and operationally to the Chief Financial Officer, Chief Human Resources Officer, and General Counsel.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This role will have responsibility for establishing a center of competence - designing, building, attracting, rewarding and retaining teams. Initially this role will be responsible for 10+ full time employees and 50+ contractors with expectation for organizational growth. Finance – 5, Human Resources – 3, Legal – 2, 50+ Contractors
- Thought leadership – Deep breadth and depth of digital and operational experience in the areas of Finance, Human Resources, and Legal across HARMAN.
- Digital roadmap – Establish, define, design, and deliver a digital center of competence that will demonstrate best in class governance, simplification, standardization, analytics and innovation, which will enable financial simplification, employee self-service productivity, and enterprise risk mitigation across HARMAN.
- Process simplification– Define, design, deliver lean integrated processes that drive simplification, productivity, end user satisfaction and robust self-service. Key process areas related to Global Shared Functions includes but not limited to:
- Financial Simplification – Digital forecasting, budgeting, project accounting, accounts receivable, balance sheet, income statement, accounts payable, taxation, fixed assets, general ledger, treasury, Fx currency hedging, monthly/quarterly/annually close processes, regulartoy compliance, and controllership
- Employee Digital Work Place – persona based mobile enablement, work force planning and analytics, employee self-service, digitally enabled recruitment, time management, payroll, compensation, benefits, performance management, learning and development
- Legal – eDiscovery, Patent and Tradmark filing, Document Management, Intellectual Property Protection, Omudsman, Data Privacy
- Digital technologies– Define, design, and deliver new technology introductions / new product innovations that drives productivity, quality management, continuous process improvement, supplier master, and on time delivery. Key digital domain areas similar but not limited to:
- SAP – Global Success Factors, Work Day, SAP – FI/CO, SAP – BPC, Sharepoint, Apptus, Mobile Enterpirse Applications, Tableau, Qlik
- Organizational – Strategic design and optimized delivery structure. Attract, recruit, develop and retain talent. Co-Ops, Internships, digital leadership development programs (early, mid, experience careers), coaching, mentoring. Employee evaluations, succession planning, compensation, merit, and reward planning/execution. Build a collaborative, cohesive, credible, high performing organization.
- Agile methodology – Utilize agile software development lifecycle to drive acceleration of benefits realizaiton, end user satisfaction, and quality assurance.
- Financial management – Rigorously manage estimates, forecasts, and actual related to multimillion dollar budget and benefits realizations. Drive reduction in total cost of ownership and increase in IRR/ROI.
- Enterprise risk and compliance – Establish and adhere to secure coding practices to ensure data privacy, data loss prevention, internal and external cyber threat prevention
- Key Performance Indicators – Employee Satisfaction, Employee Productivity, On Time Delivery, Resource Utilization, Time to Fill, Attrition Rate, Risk Avoidance, Time to Close, Avg. Outstanding Invoices, Avg. Outstanding Payables, Forecasting Accuracy, Inventory Turns
- Communications – Blogs, White Papers, Panelist Discussions, Network Events, Board Level Presentations, Video Collaboration, Employee Town Halls, Round Tables, and Skip Levels
- Training – Design, develop, and deliver digitial curriculum for teams. Provide guidance and support for individual development plans.
- Change management - Influence and drive digital transformation, accelerated adoption, and sustainable acceptance to achieve desired state business wide
- Customer excellence – Proactively collaborate and co-innovate with customers and suppliers to drive customer satisfaction, on time delivery and competitive differentiation
- Supplier management – Establish strategic supplier relationships, effective contractual negotiations, co-innovation roadmaps, exceptional service level agreements and mutually beneficial outcomes
- Minimum of 10 years of Digital, Finance, Human Resources, or Legal related experience.
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of experience in managing multiple, medium to large global cross-functional teams or projects, influencing senior level management and key stakeholders
Preferred Qualifications & Desired Competencies:
Leadership: Demonstrate character, clarity, courage and commitment to high-performance
- Build environment of trust, high performance and engagement by establishing clear goals and a commitment to feedback, development and recognition
Change Orientation: Champion a better, faster and simpler way of doing things
- Apply original thinking and continuous improvement to processes, products, systems or services and manage change to better serve customer needs
Collaboration: Connect, engage and communicate with others
- Encourage open expression of ideas; communicate effectively at all levels and build strong relationships
Judgment: Make sound decisions
- Demonstrate critical thinking to take appropriate risk and make sound and timely decisions
Results-Driven: Deliver extraordinary results
- Take initiative to achieve superior, quality results against internal or external standards of excellence
- Lean Six Sigma
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist
- Certified Public Accountant
- Consumer Products
- High Tech. - Software & Hardware
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
- Willingness to work in a key location –Novi, MI,
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.