The Senior Director of Data Engineering and Architecture will provide leadership for the overall architecture, engineering, design, development, implementation, and support for data management, data ingestion, data integration, and advanced analytics technologies used throughout the organization.
The candidate will be a proven leader who has delivered highly scalable real-time data solutions in a fast-paced agile environment. Passionate for all things Data Engineering with experience enabling an organization through data. Focused on talent development by creating and enabling inclusive environments and identifying, mentoring and cultivating high potentials.
- Lead a team of 10+ data professionals to expand and drive the strategic objectives of the department
- Create a positive environment to maximize productivity and retention, by leading, mentoring, and coaching talent.
- Recommend and gain the support across key stakeholders for end-to-end vision for how data will flow through targeted systems
- Develop and articulate the roadmap for the data function that clearly defined ownership and responsibility between the central data function and product teams
- Maintain knowledge of technology, industry standards and trends relevant to domain and role.
- Work to modernize infrastructure and optimize data applications performance, scalability, and efficiency.
- Partner with information security office to ensure compliance with ensure compliance with HIPAA, HITRUST and other applicable regulatory standards.
- Oversee Datawarehouse architecture and selecting the right tools to expand and scale data pipelines and infrastructure
- Partner with product managers and data products leadership to design and execute data engineering solutions
- Expand data pipelines and architecture to integrate, transform, and ingest new data sources and maintain existing data pipelines
- Perform analysis of large data sets using tools and techniques from big data ecosystems like Spark and using scripting languages like Python
- Design, implement, and develop distributed data infrastructure and pipelines for high volume / high velocity multi-tiered data storage with high availability and elegant fault tolerance
- Design and implement reliable data pipeline features used for multi-sourced data collection, cleansing, transformations, validation rules, clustering, and reliable data distribution streams (messaging queues or API services)
- Create reliable data development processes / systems for consistent auditing, logging, monitoring, and debugging of data ingestion pipelines
- Help create reliable and automated QA for big data pipelines to maintain high data quality / integrity
- Understands the health information technology industry, clinical and research data vocabularies, Azure data pipelines and transmission protocols
- Minimum 10 years work experience with technology company and a minimum experience of 5 years+ as a people manager
- 5+ years in a leadership/management capacity around data engineering, data warehouse, data lake, data mart and data pipelines
- Experience with big data architectures and data modeling to efficiently process large volumes of data
- Experience developing large data processing pipelines using SFTP or API integration
- Background in ETL and data processing know how to transform data to meet business goals
- Expert knowledge of SQL, preferably in Transact-SQL,
- Familiarity with a scripting language such as Python is preferred
- Hands-on knowledge of Agile engineering practices is a must
Possess the business acumen and technical expertise to create a big-picture vision and has the drive and attention to detail that transforms strategy into action
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Somatus, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated