- Increase the levels of engagement for corporations and foundations that have connections to the BGCB community, as well as those not yet affiliated, preparing for the next phase of the organization’s fundraising expansion.
- Be responsible for working closely with BGCB’s executive leadership in developing priority projects, concepts, and ultimately proposals for submission. Work closely with the EVP, President, CFO, Club Executive Directors, and other key stakeholders in the idea creation, program/budget buildout, and execution of letters of interest and grant proposals.
- Work closely with the EVP to set annual revenue goals for the institutional giving team and coordinate annual revenue goals with the individual giving team, measuring progress and adjusting work plans as needed to successfully meet these goals.
- Develop and track annual goals, objectives and specific metrics for the Corporate and Foundation team. Create annual work plans and analyze results against goals, adjusting business unit plans as analysis suggests. Establish benchmarks and regular reporting processes to measure results of all giving activities including retention, upgrades and acquisition.
- Strategically manage a portfolio of corporate and foundation donors and prospects, acting as an externally facing fundraiser, working to develop relationships with program officers and executives. Working collaboratively across the entire organization, the Senior Director will manage and enhance a program that will expand its network of funders and strategically develop new prospects through proactive outreach and CSR initiatives.
- Secure meetings at priority institutions for key leadership and Board members as appropriate, staffing some of these meetings as necessary.
- Manage Board and Volunteer engagement committees including the Corporate Leadership Council and the Corporate Giving Committee, with a goal to build relationships at the top levels of Corporate, Foundation and public funding groups.
- Take a leadership role in BGCB’s Annual Dinner (a key corporate fundraising event), create and implement new strategies to increase revenue, further engage event attendees and deliver clear, compelling event messaging.
- Employ technology and analysis to further the institutional giving team efforts. Excellent communication and collaboration skills at all levels of the organization are required.
- Effectively manage internal writing needs through staff while also serving as the forward-facing lead for all institutional support. Set an example for the team as a hands-on expert in engaging and inspiring foundations and corporations to invest in BGCB’s mission.
- Coordinate and provide strategic support, training, and guidance for Clubs to obtain community-based grants to support local fundraising initiatives, and to ensure these efforts are tracked in BGCB’s fundraising database.
- Appropriately manage internal and external relationships around grant outcomes and results to meet or exceed donor expectations, and diplomatically handle situations that create competing priorities.
- Inspire staff through effective motivation, mentoring, and team building. Embrace diversity and possess the management skills to leverage existing capacity while strengthening performance to achieve goals.
The successful candidate will be a strategic, creative leader who is visionary about BGCB’s fundraising potential and who can support entrepreneurial initiatives to maximize results. The Senior Director will be a team player and have a proven track record in building, managing, and mentoring a highly effective, diverse team, as well as demonstrated success with fundraising. They will possess outstanding interpersonal competencies, the ability to effectively engage volunteer leadership, and a deep commitment to instilling practices and a culture within the Development & Marketing team that reflects the ethos of BGCB.
Leadership Competencies and Personal Traits
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 10+ years of experience in a fundraising setting and proven success in planning for ambitious fundraising campaigns, and 5+ years supervisory/management experience required.
- Orientation as a team player and leader with strong management skills.
- A metrics-driven, entrepreneurial mindset that informs strategy and work.
- The ability to succeed in a distinct and dynamic culture and successfully manage multiple details and priorities.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational and analytical skills, and project management skills.
- Experience with Board volunteer management and the ability to maintain a high level of diplomacy and confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- An advocate for diversity.
- Flexibility and a sense of humor.
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft Office