Pear Therapeutics is the leader in prescription digital therapeutics. We aim to redefine medicine by discovering, developing, and delivering clinically validated software-based therapeutics to provide better outcomes for patients, smarter engagement and tracking tools for clinicians, and cost-effective solutions for payers. Pear has a pipeline of products and product candidates across therapeutic areas, including severe psychiatric and neurological conditions. Our lead product, reSET®, treats Substance Use Disorder and was the first prescription digital therapeutic to receive marketing authorization from the FDA to treat disease. Pear's second product, reSET-O™, for the treatment of Opioid Use Disorder, received marketing clearance from the FDA in December 2018.
About the Group:
Pear's Corporate Development team is tasked with identifying, evaluating, and executing strategic partnerships and acquisitions that grow the company. The group is responsible for both inbound and outbound transactional activity. We seek to do value-creative deals that build Pear's revenue opportunities and bring Prescription Digital Therapeutics (PDTs) to more patients faster.
Our near-term focus is building Pear's portfolio of collaborations with large pharmaceutical and medical device companies. We also are responsible for buy-side transactions, identifying and evaluating assets to select those that will add the most value for Pear and the patients we serve.
For both outbound and inbound deals, we coordinate cross-functional teams to perform thorough due diligence and inform executive decisions.
The Senior Director of Corporate Development will be responsible for sell-side deal making across a variety of development-stage and commercial-stage programs. This will include review of preclinical and clinical data for purposes of evaluating concept feasibility, as well as evaluation and/or development of high-level designs for clinical trials directed at regulatory approval.
We are seeking candidates with a demonstrated ability to initiate, negotiate, and close large out-licensing deals and strategic R&D collaboration transactions with large pharmaceutical and medical device companies.
Reporting to the VP of Corporate Development, this candidate will have the opportunity to lead strategic deal processes, and will be a part of a high-performing team with significant visibility within the organization.
● Identify, evaluate and pursue strategic transaction opportunities with larger pharmaceutical and medical device partner companies.
● Manage all phases of the business development deal cycle, including opportunity development, pitch presentations, proposal development, negotiation of term sheets, and definitive agreements.
● Evaluate preclinical and clinical aspects of external digital therapeutics programs for likelihood of regulatory approval, efficacy, and fitness with unmet clinical needs.
● Lead cross-functional due diligence teams to evaluate preclinical and clinical data and synthesize into go/no-go decisions.
● Access appropriate competitive intelligence, and monitor pipelines within selected therapeutic areas.
● Report to management and Board on the status of pipeline and key opportunities.
● Develop or assist VP of Corporate Development in developing initial technical dossiers and business cases for assets of potential strategic interest.
● Assist in developing plans and budgets for post-transaction development of assets, including high-level clinical trial designs and endpoints.
● 10+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
● Proven ability to negotiate and close complex product-focused out licensing or sale transactions in the pharmaceutical industry. Please provide deal sheet with CV.
● Experience in development of sell-side overview materials for pharmaceutical or medical device programs.
● Experience in evaluation of relative merits of pharmaceutical and/or medical device programs.
● Working knowledge of a variety of therapeutic areas and unmet needs.
● Working knowledge of regulatory approval requirements in the US and EU.
● Energized attitude, with a high degree of initiative, motivation, and passion for developing therapies that improve patients' lives.
● A high level of personal integrity and the ability to set a high-integrity example to staff and others.
● Some domestic and international travel is required.
● Ph.D., M.D., Pharm.D., MBA, JD, or other post-baccalaureate education.
● Experience with digital therapeutics and/or bioinformatics.
● Experience in psychiatric and neurological diseases, which may include substance use disorders, depression, anxiety, PTSD, Alzheimer's Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's, autism spectrum disorders, etc.
● Wit and sense of humor.
Valid Through: 2019-11-11