The Sr. Director of Architecture is responsible for creating a vision and strategy, including: architectural direction, standards definition and IT governance.
This leader must be able to create strategic direction, drive innovation, develop technology roadmaps, lead complex projects, manage technology professionals, collaborate effectively with internal and external business partners to ultimately create a more modern IT environment.
- Defines, maintains, & executes the overall architectural strategy and aligns it with the overall Foot Locker & IT strategy
- Accountability for the development and delivery of a multi-yeararchitecture roadmap that outlines the steps and iterations required to fully enable the strategy accepted and adopted by business stakeholders and delivery teams.
- Understands and articulates the business strategy and direction associated with the Digital Platform and all its capabilities and applications/solutions by working directly with business stakeholders and delivery teams.
- Leads all architecture/technical assessments for the product and technology decision making in support of the architectures.
- Provides architecture, design, and technical leadership in supportarchitectures within the Architecture team, Development and Engineering teams throughout the execution of the roadmap.
- Provides architecture governance in support of architectures throughout the execution of the roadmap.
- Ensures alignment with company standards and procedures for project management, architecture direction, development standards, security requirements and supportability.
- Diagnoses complex technical and business problems and proposes short, mid and long-term solutions
- Provides cross-functional leadership to ensure project objectives and deadlines are met
- Works very well in collaboration with other IT l& business leaders across the organization establishing and managing effective relationships.
- Delivers presentations and facilitates meetings while adapting communication to varying audiences
- Participates in the evaluation of new tools, platforms and technologies and articulates the business case for investments
- Monitors and introduces trends, new and emerging technologies, and best practices .
- Serves as a mentor and provide input into enterprise architecture best practices.
- Discuss and present information and issues to a wide variety of individuals inside and outside IT.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration or related experience.
- 10+ years providing effective leadership to Enterprise Architecture and Delivery teams.
- 10+ years of practical experience in Enterprise Architecture and Solution Architecture.
- Experience formulating vision and strategy to transform overall technologyarchitecture in order to simplify and modernize the IT environment.
- Expertise in strategy, innovation, and architecture disciplines: Enterprise, Application/ Solution, Information, and Infrastructure.
- E-commerce, web content management, digital platform system/package implementation experience.
- Retail industry experience, preferred.
- Knowledge of Cloud and Java, preferred.
- Knowledge of current architectures, solutions and technologies within the Digital Platform domain.
- Experienced in Enterprise Architecture best practices.
- Demonstrated experience in the execution of Digital Platform/E-commerce strategy for a retail-focused company.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with a variety of audiences at all levels.
- 30% travel both domestic and internationally