Discover Your Career at Emory University
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
- Responsible for strategic goal setting and management of alumni activities for a specific school, unit, or program.
- Fosters and strengthens ties with the University's alumni.
- Oversees the development, marketing, and management of the events/activities coordinated through the designated program.
- Leads event planning activities and program development directed toward the program's alumni, parents, friends, faculty/staff, and currently enrolled Emory students.
- Works to increase alumni engagement; participates in alumni and student programming and events; develops relationships with board, chapter and affinity alumni organizations; works to advance the technology and services in support of alumni engagement; represents the program off campus and manages the integration of activities while creating a positive environment for leadership and volunteerism and promoting the traditions and pride associated with the history of Emory University.
- May be responsible for alumni leadership development, special interest groups, volunteer programs, affinity programs, and online services.
- Manages and coordinates alumni volunteers and leaders involved in events.
- Develops and advances University relationships both within the division, and other campus offices, schools/divisions.
- Serves as the primary liaison and spokesperson for the school/program on issues relating to initiatives, program assessments, leadership development, alumni/donor services, and communications.
- Handles budget/resource management; marketing and communications; information management; staff supervision; and the strategic development, implementation, and evaluation of events and programs.
- Manages a team of professional and support staff.
- Performs related responsibilities as required.
- A bachelor's degree and seven years of related professional experience.
- Outstanding verbal, presentation, and written communication skills: an attentive listener, articulate public speaker, and clear and persuasive writer.
- Cover Letter Required for Consideration
Emory Supports a Diverse and Inclusive Culture
Successful candidates will distinguish themselves by having or demonstrating the potential to develop next-generation alumni engagement; and effectively manage alumni volunteers, alumni boards, and alumni events. Creativity and a deep commitment to Emory University, Goizueta Business School, and alumni are critical. The Senior Director will report to the Chief Development Officer of the Goizueta Business School, with a primary focus on managing and enhancing the relationship of Goizueta alumni with the Business School and amongst themselves.
- Strategic Thinking: Exhibit a long-term orientation and vision for setting alumni relations strategy and creating alumni engagement opportunities. Develop clear annual objectives and strategies for improving the school's alumni relations in partnership with the alumni board and Goizueta Business School Advancement and Alumni Engagement staff, incorporating feedback from alumni on what is working well and what needs to be improved.
- Relationship Management: Support the school’s need to develop a deeper base of alumni engagement that leads to additional philanthropic support, alumni assistance in key areas of the school including recruiting, placement, and programmatic support. Employ direct marketing approaches dependent on data-mining and market research to inform alumni relations strategy. Proficiency in social media and other relevant technology enabled tools.
- Stakeholder Management: Communicate with and earn the trust of diverse groups of internal and external stakeholders. Work closely with the Goizueta Business School Alumni Board to plan, manage, and advance the alumni relations objectives. Establish strong working relationships with Goizueta faculty and professional staff with an eye towards leveraging the number, strength, and longevity of relationships they establish with students/alumni to advance alumni relations objectives. Serve as is the primary liaison for Goizueta with the central Emory Alumni Association, helping to champion collaboration on programming both locally and nationally.
- Staff management: Ability to manage staff focused on alumni relations and engagement, including effectively delegating and providing oversight around alumni communications, event planning and management, and initiative development and management. The Senior Director will supervise an Associate Director of Alumni Relations.
- An executive presence and communication style: Possess strong communication and collaboration skills, as well as the ability to engage alumni on substantive, relevant business topics. Leverage these skills and foster change by continually managing and developing the alumni board, increasing engagement in support of the school’s strategic priorities.
- Continuous Improvement: Experience in developing and implementing strategy and success metrics for key alumni relations activities. Develop processes to maximize the allocation of Goizueta Business School resources and programs of the Emory Alumni Association.