Senior Director, National Specialty Accounts Medical Outcomes Specialist
The Senior Director, National Specialty Accounts Medical Outcomes Specialist (NSA-MOS) will develop, evolve, and maintain long-term relationships with a wide variety of National Specialty thought leaders and key customers in the Specialty channel including Specialty Pharmacy decision makers, key opinion leaders, and Managed Care Specialty decision makers, in order to demonstrate clinical and economic value of Pfizer’s in-line medicines. These engagements are executed to ensure customers are informed and educated when making formulary decisions by medical engagement to include presentations, pharmacoeconomic analyses, and outcomes assessment. The Sr Director NSA-MOS will lead broad cross-functional or enterprise-wide customer collaborations, built with the goal of aligning corporate medical priorities and specific market needs to advance the quality of patient care in areas of mutual interest, and to identify healthcare delivery knowledge gaps, and areas for quality improvement. The Sr Director, NSA-MOS will also demonstrate significant leadership, representation, and agency responsibilities with the National MOS team, across the MOS organization and Medical Affairs, and enterprise wide (cross-BU), particularly with the PCA Specialty Account Management organization, StratCo, Commercial Account stakeholders, and broader levels across Pfizer. Included here is the development and maintenance of an advanced perspective of the evolving clinical and healthcare landscape in the Specialty sector, leading corporate or enterprise-wide working groups and workstreams in the Specialty channel area, and developing and facilitating the execution of the Specialty channel Medical strategy for the MOS organization. The Senior Director NSA-MOS also will serve as the subject matter expert and lead for Medical engagement with organized Specialty customers, provide Pfizer brand teams with customer and clinical insights to assist in informing Pfizer strategies on critical health issues, and facilitate the development of customer-focused tools and medical communications to support patient access to Specialty medicines.
Partnership with commercial leadership
- Align and partner with Payer Channel Access Leadership including the Specialty Access Group Lead on development and execution of customer engagement and collaboration strategy, focusing on education on value recognition of Pfizer’s specialty brands with key targeted specialty channel customers
- Maintain a collaborative working relationship and communication with PCA’s Specialty Access Solutions group, commercial and other colleagues in the Specialty space to develop appropriate joint customer goals and individual strategies to meet medical needs with prioritized customers
- Align and coordinate with Specialty Brand leadership including the Director of Specialty Pharmacy Strategy, SAS Senior Directors, and VP SAS, to ensure incorporation of appropriate medical strategy in commercially led specialty customer initiatives
- Provide strategic medical insight and support for inclusion of Specialty sector opportunities and threats in the development of National Account operating plans that are aligned with Pfizer operating imperatives
- Ensure alignment of Specialty brand strategy with field based medical (FBM) executional approach
- Representation on committees or groups with national scope of impact such as leadership of national account planning or other assignments having national impact
Working with Internal Medical
- Work and coordinate with FBM and brand medical leadership on development of viable strategy which is designed to qualify and quantify the medical value of our specialty brands, and ultimately executable by the MOS with Specialty Channel customers
- Align and partner with I&I Medical leadership including the Sr Director/Medical Lead I&I, I&I FMD TL’s, and VP Medical for I&I
- Work and coordinate with the Xeljanz Portfolio Strategy Team (PST) lead, and with the Xeljanz Payer Channel Medical lead to ensure appropriate strategy alignment across our medical footprint
- Collaborate with Specialty Brand Medical Leads to ensure alignment of brand strategy with field medical customer engagement strategy
- Lead dissemination and execution of National specialty brand and Medical strategy with the MOS.
- Coordinate, and foster alignment and collaboration with the MOS and respective FMD’s in their targeted Specialty areas on Specialty Pharmacy engagements
- Align and partner with Oncology Medical Leadership on identifying and execution of Oncology centric opportunities in the Specialty Channel Space that support Pfizer’s broader organizational imperative’s
- Lead broad cross-functional or enterprise-level initiatives to bring the voice of the organized customer to brand efforts and cross functional teams within Medical Affairs
- Champion change and lead the creation of innovative resources, tools, and/or opportunities for the entire IM MOS, Medical Affairs, or across the enterprise to advance the MOS role
- Lead corporate or enterprise-wide working groups and contribute to the medical planning for brand or above brand/asset team strategy, projects, activities, and work with senior medical leadership to develop and implement the MOS team medical plan.
- Lead corporate or enterprise-wide working groups and contribute to medical planning and strategy applied across the MOS or Medical Affairs enterprise.
- Lead the development and timely approval of medical content by the Medical Review Committee (MRC) for MOS use in the field in accordance with Pfizer Medical policies and SOPs to achieve the primary goal of conducting and enhancing medical communication between Pfizer IM and national, regional and local health care professionals
Working with External Partners
- Identify key specialty organizations and engage key organizational Medical thought leaders within the Specialty pharmacy and aligned Specialty business space on the value of Pfizer Specialty medicines
- Create and execute collaboration opportunities with National specialty pharmacy and specialty business customers which align the organizations imperative’s with Pfizer business priorities, for the potential betterment of patient care delivery
- Provide objective and scientifically sound medical information regarding Pfizer’s in-line portfolio and associated disease states through use of pharmacoeconomic modeling, outcomes tools, educational programs and development of customer centric outcomes analysis with Specialty channel
- Appropriately prioritize the needs of the customer and of Pfizer to implement customer specific outcomes and cost analyses, educational programs and other tools, and provide oversight for higher level initiatives aligned to our operating plans, that identify the greatest opportunities for improving patient care
- Integrate clinical, market and account dynamics to provide mutually beneficial customer-specific projects
- Develop strategic medical partnerships to improve patient outcomes
- Respond to unsolicited requests from customers regarding scientific interpretation of clinical information and pharmacoeconomic impact of product selection to further advance formulary decision making or patient outcomes through appropriate pharmaceutical care within the legal guidance for the MOS role
- Engage key stakeholders and influencers at the National organizational level and within the market, such as Quality Improvement Organizations, Advocacy Groups, Coalitions and other medical/healthcare associations.
- Enhance customer recognition through collaborative projects, publications and healthcare awards.
Supporting Medical Affairs Integrated Medical Plan
- Maintain excellent working knowledge of disease area(s) and Pfizer products in order to provide context for functional and technical excellence in collaboration with other medical and commercial colleagues/groups within Pfizer as well as with priority customers
- Ensure that customer insights are shared with relevant leadership to assist in informing future medical and organization strategy
- Serve in a leadership capacity on Portfolio Strategy Teams (PST), Health Trends and Channels Teams (HTACs) , and other internal workstreams
- Work with internal stakeholders to ensure development & availability of appropriate tools and resources
- Manage resources strategically
- Contribute to an engaged and effective work environment
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures for reporting activities, impacts and Unsolicited Medical Request (UMR) entries.
- Work within Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Corporate Integrity Agreement (CIA) guidelines
- Reports to the National Accounts Medical Lead
- Account Management including Payer Channel Access Specialty Access Solutions (PCA SAS) & Specialty National Account Directors (NAD’s), Senior Account Directors, and Payer Channel Access (PCA) Executive leadership including the VP, PCA Specialty Access Solutions
- Other Field Medical including the FBM Leadership team, Medical Outcomes Specialists (MOS), Field Medical Directors (FMD’s), I&I Medical Leadership, Real World Data & Outcomes & Evidence (RWD/O&E), Brand Medical, Other BU medical and commercial leadership that may enter the Specialty Channel.
- Marketing, Customer Strategy Solutions Group (CSSG), Brand Team, Trade Relations
- Legal and Regulatory
- US Policy & Corporate Affairs
Resources Managed (budget and FTEs):
- The NSA-MOS shall ensure responsible management of designated expense budget
Required Training, Education, and capability
- Doctoral Level required, Pharmacy doctoral degree and practice licensure or equivalent preferred
- 7-10 years Organizational Pharmacy experience, including significant experience in the Specialty channel area, and 3-5 years in a decision making or leadership capacity
- Minimum of 5 years Clinical, Formulary Management, and/or pharmacoeconomic/outcomes research experience including strong methodological skills (study design, data analysis and interpretation) in health services research
- Valid US driver’s license
- Ability to travel up to 70% which includes overnight travel; must have a valid, US Driver’s License. Must meet and comply with all Corporate Travel and Fleet requirements, policies and procedures as applicable
Preferred Prior Experience:
- Practice licensure in the US
- Additional Managed Care, Pharmaceutical Industry, and/or Quality Improvement experience
- Management experience in multiple capacities
- Residency or Fellowship experience