Sales Lead for Coastal-Pacific Wine & Spirits (CPWS) National Accounts on Premise team. Working with the VP On Premise to create strong planning, collaboration, and communication with supplier and CPWS division leadership, while ensuring superior and consistent execution from HQ to store level.Develops and implements sales strategies, tactics, and marketing plans for CPWS represented Suppliers in assigned National or Regional On-Premise accounts. Monitors execution of customer programming, promotions, and pricing strategies to ensure attainment of chain goals and objectives. Works with Suppliers and Southern Glazers National Accounts team to develop/execute account specific sales and marketing plans. Works with CPWS General Market teams to activate National initiatives locally.This role will be the primary point of contact for assigned National Accounts and drive the National Accounts performance, goals and business relationships.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the CPWS NAOP team and assists in the development of customer specific business plans to include the definition and integration of national/regional/state account, and supplier goals/objectives.
- Directs the analysis of market share, consumer trends, and competitive practices by targeted accounts or chain and by market. Manages the account specific evaluation of business opportunities/gaps and category management strategies for achievement of approved goals.
- Acts as the primary liaison to the SGWS NAOP team on all CPWS supplier initiatives
- Guides the CPWS/Supplier development of fiscal objectives for brands, accounts, and markets. Formulates sales and marketing tactics designed to promote market share, increase sales volume, and strengthen case distribution.
- Ensures the integration of fiscal Supplier goals and planned account goals with state level programming and promotion business plans. Secures agreement on pricing approach, standards, and process/procedures.
- Through CPWS’s Business Intelligence function, provides business analytics and best practice data to the Regional National Account Directors. Leverages fact-based data to influence account/chain direction and enhance CPWS’s and SGWS’s position within the account.
- Monitors execution of programs, pricing, and promotions by account/by market to ensure achievement of stated goals. Compares actual performance to CPWS, Supplier, and account goals and takes corrective action where required.
- Accountable for the accurate and timely management, documentation, delivery of pricing to the account and evaluates/develops procedures for accuracy and data synchronization.
- Conducts regular business reviews with Leadership, Assigned Accounts, and Suppliers to report: distribution, sales, and program status; progress in or barriers to goal achievement; and forecasts/plans for subsequent performance periods
- Investigates and resolves service issues associated with Assigned Accounts. Secures agreements relative to: product availability, delivery, pulls; promotion and programming performance; pricing discrepancies; and quality of market execution. Responds to Account, SGWS, and Supplier questions, concerns, and/or complaints.
- Manages the selection, development, motivation, and retention of the Co-Managed Staff required to grow and develop the business. Ensures Company policies and procedures are supported throughout the sales, marketing, and branch organizations. Encourages and protects diversity.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Key Competencies and Skills:
- Proficient working knowledge of computerized applications, for example, word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation software, email and specialized business applications software
- Presentation skills necessary to effectively communicate, update, persuade, and/or facilitate discussions with all level of management
- Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, other business areas and government agencies as required
- Demonstrated high level proficiency of oral and written communication skills
- Planning and organizational skills necessary to coordinate workload around multiple assignments
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent in business administration, management, sales, marketing or related discipline preferred.
- 5 years experience in sales, sales management, category/brand management including but not limited to merchandising, product promotion, and supplier/vendor relations.
- 10 years of sales and marketingexperience including sales management supervision.
- Advanced degree (such as MBA) preferred.
- Physical demands with activity or condition existing a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (i.e., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or calculator
- Physical demands with activity or condition existing a occasional to rare amount of time amount of time include walking, carrying, reaching, standing, and stooping
- May require occasional lifting/lowering, pushing, or pulling up to 25lbs
- Travel expectations typically range from 20% to 30% of time. Potential for periods of time where travel could be up to 60% of time.
Job ID CAL00000013