T-Mobile is revolutionizing the way consumers use wireless. As a key contributor to T-Mobile’s path to a simplistic and delightful digitalexperience for customers, we are seeking a Senior Director, Mobile Apps.
As part of T-Mobile’s Marketing & DigitalExperience organization, the Senior Director will create a Mobile App Center of Excellence, focused on building best-in-class applications that drive both customer and business value through thoughtful, high quality digitalexperiences. This leader is both a digital transformation guru and skilled at building and developing high-performing agile teams, including product owners, designers, and developers.
STUFF WE'LLTRUSTYOU WITH
More specifically, this role will assume the followingresponsibilities:
- Create an overarching vision and strategy for T-Mobile’s mobileexperience for customers.
- Build and foster a mobile app “Center of Excellence” with a focus on rationalizing the current portfolio of apps and building a framework for maintaining said portfolio as well as delivering new app products to market in concert with the product strategy.
- Partnering with the Vice President and other key stakeholders to create and deliver a delightful end to end mobileexperience for customers, which ultimately will increase T-Mobile’s presence in the mobile space.
- Build frameworks in which we’ll operate cross-functionally to deliver this experience.
Un-carrier Product Management Oversight:
- Build a prioritized mobile app roadmap and establish key metrics that focus on advancing app engagement and inform the success of the product.
- Work with and lead multi-functional teams of engineers, designers, analysts and marketers to prioritize features, plan releases and ensure end-to-end execution on the strategy and roadmap. Provide regular executive updates as to the progress of the team.
- Partner closely with marketing strategy to inform tactics that drive app engagement
- Constantly question and clarify the cross-functional implications of all product decisions and ensure that critical business issues are surfaced and considered.
- Serve as a leading voice of the customer and act as a customer experience advocate in considering product design decisions that will impact the customer and Frontline.
- Ensure that product specifications meet high standards and business goals for quality before approval and launch.
- Champion a point-of-view to leadership regarding the relative importance of various initiatives that are ready to move to the development phase.
- Guide product managers to ensure the product specifications are well understood by Engineering.
- Support team members as they provide product requirements clarification and reply to implementation considerations raised by the development team.
- Hire top talent and build effective succession planning.
- Develop, lead and inspire a team responsible for defining and delivering the mobile app product capability roadmap.
- Coach team members as they respond to project escalations with an assessment of the business implications of changes to project scope, timeline, or resources.
- Create and foster career development and growth paths for team members in alignment with company, product and personal objectives.
- Create clear and measurable goals and objectives for the team related to the creation and enhancement of timely, high-quality products that support critical business objectives, requirements change management, and partnership with cross-functional teams.
- Raise awareness of team’s plans, insights and accomplishments to facilitate cooperation across departments and to build a highly performing, highly motivated team.
- Assist direct reports with ongoing prioritization and resource allocation to ensure crucial business initiatives are delivered.
- Lead teams in partnering with key business stakeholders and strategy team members to develop clear and complete opportunity assessments and business requirements.
- Lead Product Management in developing and implementing scalable processes and/or tools to enable functional productivity.
- Support senior leadership and the Technology organization in developing and improving product development, product management and project management practices.
STUFFYOU TELLPEOPLEAT PARTIES
While the quality and accomplishments of a person’s career will be the determining factor, the finalist must have the following requisitequalifications:
- A mobile app expert, with substantial digital product management experience. The ideal candidate has worked for both start-ups and medium/large corporations
- Proven track record of driving innovation in the consumer services/products space that has specifically changed consumer behavior and driven increased self-service.
- Strong understanding of, and experience managing, CX, UX and development resources. Technical background with ability to contribute to a technical vision is preferred.
- A customer advocate who sees things with a customer lens. Has produced simple mobile solutions and top-notch experiences for consumers
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead cross-functional teams toward a common goal
- Able to “break the mold” and think differently to change the status quo
- Great track record of driving product improvements through data based decision making through user testing, data analysis and A/B testing
- Demonstrated ability to lead in an agile delivery environment
- A solid leader who has built and led high-performing marketing or product teams
- Bachelor’s degreerequired; Master’s preferred.
The successful candidatewill possess the following attributes:
- Smart and innovative; thinks outside the box
- Strategically-minded, contributes to the development of a coherent overarching strategic vision for the company
- Customer-obsessed; considers the impact on customers with every business decision
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and strong cross-functional relationships across an organization to achieve common goals
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to turn findings into executable plans
- Demonstrated leadership capability in recruiting, retaining and developing a dynamic, high-performing team
- Sets performance direction by translating broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and individual goals
- A hands-on leader; broadly shares responsibility and accountability of both routine and important tasks and decisions
- Excellent collaboration, verbal and written communication skills; a direct communicator
- Thrives in a high pressure, fast-paced environment.