Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,200+ stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
Albertsons is seeking a Senior Director of Marketplace Partnerships to join the Customer and Digital Team. This team is responsible for managing and growing our ecommerce business and developing a world-class customer loyalty program for our 34M weekly shoppers.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with internal management teams to understand where our relative advantages or risks lie with third party ("off platform") marketplace partners creating revenue, distribution and marketing opportunities for Albertsons. S/he will be an early adopter of ecommerce, food/grocery, and innovation trends with a good understanding of how to harness ideation and design thinking concepts into an actionable framework. In addition to partnering with marketplace partners, s/he will also evaluate enabling technologies that allow commerce to occur off platform (content, payments, API integrations, etc.).
This role will also interact with Loyalty, Marketing, Customer Service and Product teams as a thought partner, and also support "first party" partnerships that bring a differentiated experience to Albertsons' customers.
This role will report directly into the VP Partnerships & Business Development, based in Pleasanton, California (working remotely during the Pandemic)
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Business Development & Relationship Management. Develop and execute tailored strategies with identified partners, establishing mutual value propositions, crafting business models, and negotiating distribution agreements. Day to day relationship management
- Optimization of off-platform business streams, including strategies for growth, customer relationship, competitive differentiation and awareness. Ongoing and iterative refinement of the marketplace business with a test and learn approach.
- Provide framing, analysis and recommendations and supporting/executing commercial agreements. Liaise with Investor Relations, PR, Legal, Finance, Marketing, Information Security and Privacy Teams.
- Technology Alliance Development. Identify, build, and manage long-term relationships with enabling technology partners, vendors, and collaborative alliances.
- Product Strategy. Work with product management and leadership teams to identify and evaluate new platforms to evolve Albertsons' product offering, and to create new shopping and food experiences. Leverage understanding of customer expectations, trends, and emerging/growth technologies to sequence product capabilities and to shape product roadmap. Provide business guidance and decision-making framework for the Leadership Team from an ecosystem perspective, while building consensus with groups outside of Digital to support our initiatives.
- New Product Development. Work with Product Managers, Engineers, Researchers and Designers to define, validate and build shopping experiences on partner platforms, with a keen focus on millennial families as a benchmark for utility, efficiency, personalization and emotionally engaging experiences.
- 10+ years of partnerships experience in tech or related industries
- Experience in managing relationships and negotiations which may be unconventional in nature and/or have broad implications across the business
- Strong interpersonal skills and an executive presence
- Innovative and creative thinker
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated strategic and financial acumen
- Thrives in a fast-paced setting that is constantly evolving
- Consulting experience is a strong plus
- MBA degree preferred but not required