Reporting to the SVP of Commercial Vaccines, and located in our Cambridge, Mass. corporate headquarters, the Marketing Director/Senior Director will take responsibility and ownership for building the launch plan for Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine candidate, mRNA-1273.
mRNA-1273 is a truly groundbreaking product. Moderna released mRNA-1273 to human trials in record time, and has been a leader in vaccine development in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. You will join Moderna at a critical time for mRNA-1273. As trials continue, this role, within Moderna’s newly chartered Vaccines commercial organization, will be responsible for preparing and executing a “best in class” launch plan to make this critical vaccine available to the world.
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Build and lead the launch strategy for mRNA-1273, in partnership with the SVP, Commercial Vaccines, and the newly chartered Vaccines commercial organization. You’ll hit the ground running to write the rulebook for marketing Moderna’s first commercial vaccine to address one of the greatest health crises of our time.
- Use your extensive experience in market and customer insights, marketing strategy to drive market development, brand value and differentiation, launch planning, pre-launch and launch execution.
- Collaborate with the mRNA-1273 team at every stage of development through launch, navigating the complexities inherent in rapid response vaccine development. You’ll work with a multitude of internal and external stakeholders to drive a smooth and successful product launch.
- Bring your relentless drive and ambition for excellence to assess and define the key value drivers, brand narrative, and go-to-market strategy across a multichannel approach for a complex ecosystem of healthcare providers, governments, health systems, and health care consumers.
- Deliver best-practice project management oversight for all market defining and launch preparation activities.
- Be a key player in building Moderna’s Vaccines commercial organization, in partnership with a newly forming team that will blaze trails in brand new markets and grow Moderna at an accelerated pace.
- Comply with corporate policies and procedures as well as all applicable healthcare laws and regulations.
Here’s What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree; MBA, PharmD, or advanced degree preferred.
- 15+ years of progressive excellence within global marketing, or market access, with 5+ years’ successful track record leading market-launch brand strategies and brand teams in new and/or emerging markets.
- Ability to collaborate among a range of key areas (marketing, field team, communications, promotion, physician, trade and consumer channels, pricing and contracting, and/or government payers) with public policy experience desirable.
- A high degree of digital fluency, and a deep understanding with proven success, using digital strategies and tactics to analyze market and consumer segments and identify target consumer personas.
- Experience implementing tactical marketing, including using novel digital methods to activate and engage with targeted consumers and motivate them to achieved desired objectives.
- The preferred candidate will have demonstrated success executing marketing plans that were innovative and “game changing,” and that established the market standard for the therapeutic area, brand segment, or disease.
- The individual needs to demonstrate a competitive spirit and resiliency to take on “giants” in what will be a highly competitive race to make available a vaccine that will help to protect the world’s population from COVID-19.
- Intense sense of urgency, curiosity, and ambition to excel and build something from the ground up, navigating all the requisite ambiguity and complexity that comes with writing the rulebook while executing in real time.
- Previous success in developing and leading complex pre-launch and launch stage marketing plans, with prior vaccine product and/or consumer product marketing experience highly desired.
- Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration and influencing skills across internal and external stakeholders.