The Senior Director of Marketing Analytics will direct the development of and generate digital insights into the company’s digital programs. This role will oversee the research, analysis, and monitoring of financial, technological and demographic factors and use this data as well as analytical ability to manage large amounts of information and interpret the data sources to help the product team define performance and strategize options that would ensure success of the digitalcampaigns. This position is the business owner of the data warehouse, creating rules for how data flows into the warehouse and for the structure of the data and the types of reports generated from the warehouse. In addition, this position is responsible for understanding the data needs of the company’s P&L owners and meets those needs both responsively and proactively.
• Use statistical techniques and novel experiment design to help measure the impact of a variety of brand investments
• Own our multi-touch attribution model and mixed media model, and fully leverage our marketing tech stack
• Find and extract data necessary for analysis using SQL, R, Python, and/or other programming/scripting languages
• Understand all stages of customer acquisition and help define the impact of brand spend within this funnel
• Oversee the execution of campaign performance reports to provide key learnings and feedback (trends, patterns, irregularity) for the marketing team
• Recommend budget allocations based on learnings
• Partner with internal channel managers to design proper analytics frameworks
• Work with Buyer Acquisition Team to ensure they have the data necessary to carry out campaigns as well as to ensure that they run campaigns in a measurable way
• Provide technical guidance on models, testing and analyses
• Collaborate and develop relationships with cross functional business teams
• Structure and present analyses to executives and other key stakeholders
• Meet regularly with the leaders of the business to ascertain their reporting needs and to recommend analytics which may increase their understanding of the business
• Provide support in crafting regular reports or ad hoc statistical/financial analyses that cut across business units and functions
• Marketing Analytics team (6)
• 10+ years experience in a marketing analytics role or equivalent
• B.S. in Economics, Business, advanced degree is a plus
• Working knowledge of predictive analytics models in marketing
• A/B & Multi-Variate Testing experience in setting tests up properly and managing the test, learn and iterate approach for a company.
• Attention to detail, meeting facilitation skills, and problem-solving skills
• Strong SQL and Excel skills
• Experience with Looker, Tableau and/or other data visualization tools
• Superb oral and written communication skills
• High attention to detail
• Strong collaboration skills
• Strong process orientation
• Experience with building out an Enterprise Data Warehouse is a strong plus.
• Experience building and managing a high-performance marketing analytics team.
• Ability to influence leaders in defining their data and reporting needs
• Ability to constantly provide actionable intelligence to business units and measure any incremental revenue, buyer engagement lifts.