Your Future Evolves Here
Evolent Health has a bold mission to change the health of the nation by changing the way health care is delivered. Our pursuit of this mission is the driving force that brings us to work each day. We believe in embracing new ideas, challenging ourselves and failing forward. We respect and celebrate individual talents and team wins. We have fun while working hard and Evolenteers often make a difference in everything from scrubs to jeans.
Are we growing? Absolutely—56.7% in year-over-year revenue growth in 2016. Are we recognized? Definitely. We have been named one of “Becker’s 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare” in 2016 and 2017, and one of the “50 Great Places to Work” in 2017 by Washingtonian, and our CEO was number one on Glassdoor’s 2015 Highest-Rated CEOs for Small and Medium Companies. If you’re looking for a place where your work can be personally and professionally rewarding, don’t just join a company with a mission. Join a mission with a company behind it.
Evolent Health is looking for a Senior Director, Market Operations to be a key member of the Market Operations team. This individual will play a critical role in executing Evolent Health’s mission by influencing clients to deploy Evolent’s population health solutions and sharing responsibility for outcomes, which include the health of client’s employees and health plans that it owns. Reporting to the Market President, the Senior Director, Market Operations will build strong relationships within complex client organizations and have an exceptionally high service ethic.
The role will be based in Orlando, FL. Applicants who live outside the area will be considered, and should be prepared to relocate to the Orlando area.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Collaborate with General Manager, Market Operations on the development and execution of key strategic initiatives. These initiatives will include quality, cost and service metrics, assisting clients with product and service expansion.
- Coordinate with all work stream teams around client issues and needs until those issues and needs have been satisfactorily resolved.
- Build and maintain relationships with leadership at all client levels, including corporate, facility and targeted departments, to build credibility and crucial support for Evolent Health’s process, methodologies and technologies.
- Work with local hospital administrators, key physician leaders, client partners and the Network Contracting lead to promote the success of Evolent Health through its contracting, cost containment and quality initiatives.
- Analyze data to identify trends, determine root cause issues, develop work plans, organize cross-functional teams and develop quality output for internal and external constituents.
- Create operational and process tracking metrics and dashboards for monitoring performance and intervening as needed on outliers or opportunity areas.
- Support the design, build, and implementation of new products and programs and renewals.
- Work with Managing Director Market Operations, Clinical Director and Medical Director to develop plans around the improvement of clinical quality, service and medical cost.
- Foster and develop the Evolent Health culture among staff and physicians and foster an atmosphere of engagement, trust and open dialogue.
- Working with Network Director, develop strategic plans and provider relationships that will promote physician collaboration with Evolent Health’s clinical programs.
- Help clients design and implement transformative solutions and work collaboratively with key stakeholders using influence and win-win negotiation.
- Comply with federal and state regulations and company policies, procedures and processes.
The Experience You Need (Required):
- Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s degree, but will consider exceptional candidates with deep job experience in a comparable position
- 7 years of experience in health care in health payer plans and operations
Finishing Touches (Preferred):
- 7 years+ of operations and/or program management experience in the healthcare industry (specific knowledge of population health, health plan operations, risk based contracting, and/or integrated delivery systems preferred)
- Experience in employer supporting health care (ASO, managed care)
- Experience in client facing / consulting and proven ability to interact with and influence clients at all levels
- Experience budgeting, adhering to budgets, re-forecasting and workforce projections
- Extremely strong client management experience, having demonstrated an ability to identify, communicate and manage risks with client executives
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills (preferably to c-level client executives), with the ability to engage, inspire, build credibility and engender trust across all levels of an organization