Primary Objective of Position
The Senior Director, Market Access will direct and manage the strategy, analysis, tactical implementation plans for securing reimbursement with commercial and government payers, and ensuring patient access of the company’s products in the United States and rest of world. The Sr. Director will be responsible for leading a comprehensive reimbursement, pricing and distribution strategy to ensure successful of the company’s marketed product.
- Develop and execute market access strategies focused on reimbursement, pricing, and commercial distribution of the company’s product.
- Manage and enhance, if needed, the infrastructure for the reimbursement, distribution and payer areas.
- Attract, hire and lead the market access team
- Apply deep understanding of national and local reimbursement trends, policies, guidelines, and newly forming health care delivery models to develop managed market strategies.
- Develop dossier and other materials as needed to support payer acceptance.
- Execute comprehensive payer specific reimbursement strategic plans and resolve payer access and reimbursement issues
- Assess and address distribution-related needs for product, and improve and implement distribution plan for specialty pharmacy, wholesalers, 3PL and any other related trade/channel partners
- Manage the pricing strategy and assess need and options for innovative pricing strategies globally
- Design patient and practice specific tools and programs to aid in mitigating patient out of pocket cost as a barrier to drug access
- Work with sales force, medical affairs, and marketing to resolve reimbursement issues that may be barriers to drug access
- Select and ensure vendors and partners perform to plan
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure data from channel has utility and is managed to optimize supply chain efforts
- Manage budgets, and develop metrics to assess impact of key initiatives
- Ensure the activities under his/her responsibilities are in line with the company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong communication skills, proven negotiating skills
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to proactively identify and prioritize problems and opportunities, maintain focus on big picture, and design effective solutions and action plans
- Strong ability to multi-task and work in a fast pace and demanding environment
- Excellent clinical, financial, and analytical skills and acumen
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the primary functions of this position. The physical demands of the office are normally association with extended amounts of time sitting and using office equipment, including a computer, keyboard and mouse, which can cause muscle strain. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. Periodic light lifting of supplies and materials may apply. Work is performed in an office environment.
Travel required (approximately 25%)
Education & Professional Experience
- Minimum B.S. degree preferably in one of the following areas: Business Administration, Communications, Healthcare Management, Marketing, Nursing, or Pharmacy § MBA/MHA/MPH or other graduate level program preferred
- 10+ plus years of payer and specialty products experience ·
- Oncology experience strongly preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with US payer reimbursement and/or coverage policy
- Comprehensive knowledge of United States healthcare reimbursement system in both commercial and government payers
- Global market access experiencepreferred
- Experience in biologic high value products and specialty care drugs required
- Experience in the implementation of pricing strategy
- Strong working knowledge of specialty pharmacy and wholesalers
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that ae required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice