The Senior Director of Loss Prevention is responsible for setting and championing the Loss Prevention strategy for the enterprise, including retail stores, distribution centers, corporate offices and quality assurance labs. This role leads a diverse team of remote field and office based staff in the development and implementation of strategies to reduce shrink and controllable losses, ensure the safety and physical security of stores, distribution centers and corporate offices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, coach and develop direct and indirect reports. Create a sustainable culture of excellence and a high performing team. Champion an environment of integrity, trust, and support.
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with Field and Distribution Center Leadership teams, as well as corporate partners in all areas of the business including Finance, Real Estate, IT and HR
- Ensure all Loss Prevention practices, policies and procedures are infused with an unwavering focus on a safe working environment for our Harbor Freight Tools associates and a safe shopping environment for our customers
- Prepare and deliver business updates, performance metrics, project status reports and other complex information in various formats, including verbal, written, presentation, etc. Tailor the information to the appropriate audience(s), ranging from senior executives to Associates.
- Lead the data intelligence effort to identify Key Performance Indicators, Exception Reporting, or other analysis that is used to drive predictive and proactive Loss Prevention Strategy and execution
- Identify and analyze trends to ensure the company’s compliance strategy and policies are comprehensive and effective
- Maintain deep subject matter expertise of industry trends, compliance matters and relevant retail knowledge both inside and outside of Harbor Freight
- Serve as the voice of Loss Prevention in large, enterprise-wide cross-functional projects involving the design, configuration or deployment of systems or processes
- Oversee the design and execution of Loss Prevention projects including new applications, processes, and store-facing initiatives
- Promote diversity in the workplace and ensure recruiting and development strategies attract and grow a diverse pool of candidates and associates.
- Supervises Staff – Yes
- Decision Making – Yes
- Travel – 50%
Qualifications – Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related discipline preferred;
- 10+ years of retail or hospitality experience, with at least 5+ years in Loss Prevention and 3+ years in a corporate setting
- Intermediate MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Project) required
- Tableau Dashboard experience a plus
General office environment requiring ability to:
- stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
- speak and listen to others in person and over the phone
- use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports
- lift up to 15 lbs.