Develop, perform and provide leadership for a variety of strategies designed to create cost effective and on-going sources of income, volunteer development, community presence, and mission enhancement for The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society within the chapter's chartered area. Assume responsibility for Chapter management in all areas/functions in the absence of the Executive Director while also achieving individual fundraising goals through events, corporate relationships and major gifts.
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: Assigned Staff
- Develop and execute a strategic revenue plan to achieve annual revenue goals for campaigns and overall chapter corporate partnerships.
Develop and execute a strategic revenue plan with some operations oversight to achieve annual revenue goals for campaigns and overall chapter corporate partnerships and major gifts.
- Analyze strategic evaluations, chapter market potential, return on investment and primary and outlying market area development; and develop plans to stimulate chapter growth according to revenue goals.
- Secure new partnership opportunities with top level organizations/companies.
- Create new and foster existing relationships with Fortune 1000 companies to drive revenue for the organization.
- Identify and build relationships with corporate leaders as an integral part of prospect expansion and engagement of LLS’s product revenue generating activities.
- Prioritize, cultivate, solicit and steward new corporate relationships and sponsorships for LLS.
- Supervise and lead major campaign staff toward the successful meeting/exceeding of revenue goals.
- Maintains a working knowledge of LLS’s mission and its programs to address them.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications, Management, or Marketingpreferred
- 7+ years of relevant salesexperience, non-profit and corporate development experiencepreferred.
- Proven ability to manage and lead multiple campaigns and assigned staff, as well as develop, secure and steward large corporate partnerships with a track record of meeting or exceeding targets.
- High level relationship builder with the skills of prospecting and connecting with multiple constituents and comfortable speaking to executive audiences.
- Ability and comfort with making direct asks for financial support.
- Expected to develop and sustain relationships through in person visits and community outreach. Therefore, time out of the office is expected to be at a minimum of 50% but can vary from time-to-time and may require out of state travel for training, conferences and meetings.
- Collaborate with Mission Team ensuring success of patient access, education, public policy & advocacy and research
- Ability to conceptualize, develop and implement strategic plans
- Skilled at exercising sound judgment and possesses good analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of digital, social media & emerging online channels
- Intermediate understanding of financialreporting including budgeting and forecasting
- Proven supervisory and leadership skills
- Decision making capabilities
- Knowledgeable and experienced in nonprofit and volunteer management, with an emphasis on proven fundraising results
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Travel is mostly local to New York City and the five boroughs with some national travel
- Some weekend and evening work required
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.