Description: In conjunction with the Admin of Ambulatory Care is responsible for the operational, service, quality and fiscal management of inpatient and outpatient Laboratory Services for the Northwest Region. As a member of the Leadership Team, builds and maintains an effective partnership with Permanente, Hospital/Ambulatory Care Leadership and Labor Management to ensure laboratory services meet or exceed standards for quality, service and cost-effectiveness.
- Provides leadership to those who manage the day-to-day professional, technical and administrative responsibilities of the dept across all sites of care in full accordance with the organizational hospital and regional ambulatory care operating plans, as well as, all legal, regulatory and compliance requirements of Laboratory Services. Assures high quality of service; identifying, designing and implementation of improvement activities. Strives for and achieve market leading performance by providing services that are rated highly by patients and customers. Creates and provides oversight to an overall service and quality plan for Lab Services. Ensures dept keeps pace with technical innovation and deployment; collaborating with IT.Assures cost effective operations, utilizing productivity improvement tools in addition to methods that ensure appropriate utilization of all products and services. Leads the creation and implementation of the department budget and resource plan. Creates and manages the laboratory equipment and capital program. Ensures revenue capture, optimize billing function.Provides leadership modeling of the KP Service and Behavior guidelines.Consults and coordinates with department leaders on operating practices and issues. Creates and implements a strong leadership team and frontline management for inpatient and outpatient lab operations.Provides direction to leadership team regarding leadership skills, knowledge of KP business practices, effective partnering with Permanente and the LMP. Meets with leadership team regarding individual performance. Ensures highly competent staff and managers utilizing performance management, assessment and training.Develops partnerships with labor, including LMP activities related to Lab Services. Directs involvement with patients/customers as needed related to service recovery activities and recommendations from patient advisory group(s).
- Designs, reviews, recommends and implements service delivery planning and vision and work plan approved by organizational senior leadership. Develops, implements, and provides oversight to major projects or initiatives related to department direction, vision and improvement.
- Participates on national and regional committees in collaboration with the Administrator of Ambulatory Care and the Chief of Service.
- Minimum seven (7) years of leadership-level experience and documented record of success in management of regional laboratory operations.
- Bachelor's degree in health care administration, business administration or related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) license or MLS/ MT (ASCP) certification.
Job Number: 672086