Logistics done differently.
XPO Logistics, a leader in the transportation and logistics industry, is looking for a highly skilled professional who knows how to get the best out of their team. As the Senior Director of Business Operations, you perform program management of high-value initiatives, finance, vendor management, portfolio and investment, communication strategies and organizational change management. We want to leverage your experience to understand the needs of the Transport business and IT group, and build a world-class business operations function to support those needs. Fortune named XPO as one of the most admired companies in the world and Forbes listed us as one of America's best employers. If you're looking for a growth opportunity with a company that's clearly going places, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Manage the Transport portfolio to ensure optimal investment and successful, timely and high-quality delivery
- Define, track and report on critical business and technical performance-related KPIs across all business units; perform budget and ROI model creation, tracking and transparency
- Manage vendor relationships and provide leadership for offshore team to ensure optimal return on investment, greater productivity and engagement
- Create an effective management process to keep the recruiting pipeline flowing and ensure location, vendor and team composition strategies are leveraged for the long-term growth and scaling of the organization
- Improve the planning, assignment and execution of projects, ensuring resources are deployed effectively to enable leaner, faster, higher-quality throughput
- Orchestrate and manage an efficient and effective operating rhythm for the organization, including staff meetings, program status meetings, monthly operational reviews and town halls
- Drive effective change management across the organization to ensure we continue to perform while we transform
- Build and execute strategy for developing our external technology brand as a place for the best and smartest technologist to grow their careers
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of experience as a director of business operations or similar role in an organization of comparable size and scope
- 5 years of experience in the transportation, supply chain, logistics, retail, internet or manufacturing industries, driving efficiencies in a demanding environment where scalability, flexibility and availability are crucial to the business
- Strong grasp of financial management tools and techniques
It'd be great if you also have:
- MBA or Master's degree
- Experience in developing and executing strategic plans
- Proven track record in dealing with various business priorities and interacting with business leaders
- Superior verbal and written communication skills; ability to present clean, organized and thorough information and data appropriate for intended audience
- Ability to handle multiple projects and time demands with a high level of urgency, personal integrity, energy and stamina
- Strong aptitude for understanding and analyzing large amounts of data from multiple sources
- Ability to serve as a thought leader on capital investment, portfolio management, financials, ROI models and compliance matters.
- Confidence to take calculated risks, make strategic, results-oriented decisions, and accept responsibility for the results (positive or negative)
- Strong leadership skills with drive stay abreast of current best practices in business operations, vendor management, finance and contract negotiation
- Ability to hit the ground running and quickly assess improvements needed to the division