Velo3D is looking for a hands-on, cyber security-savvy leader to own all IT functions and services. This hands-on management role will report to the CFO.
Near Term Deliverables
- Attract and build the IT team to support rapid business growth
- Drive infrastructure projects to completion including enabling new facilities
- Lead NIST SP800-171 compliance improvements
- Establish metrics, KPIs and SLAs to drive IT performance
- Introduce infrastructure and policy to meet public-company security and audit requirements
- Manage capacity, performance, and security of internal network infrastructure and business applications including all devices, workstations, servers, and software
- Design and manage multi-site datacenter operations to ensure availability of network resources for Velo3D’s services including backups, disaster recovery plans and testing
- Evaluate and provide technology for all departments so goals can be easily achieved, while managing costs
- Manage IT staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance
- Other duties as needed or required
- Required: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business or technical discipline
- Desired: Master’s degree from an accredited university in IT, engineering, business administration or a related field
- 10+ years leading a multi-disciplined IT team in fast-paced, high-pressure environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate problem impacts and present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner across functions and management levels
- Technical expertise in one or more IT-related fields including cybersecurity, networking, Linux administration, Microsoft administration, network configuration and management
- Experience with process mapping and gathering requirements from various teams, identifying solutions, and then project managing the implementation
- Experience with procurement, service contracts, budgeting, forecasting, software license, and asset management
- Experience with managing datacenter availability and monitoring systems
- Experience implementing regulatory and privacy compliance policies and infrastructure at a public company for SOX, GDPR, etc.
- Experience implementing ITAR, EAR, NIST SP 800-171, DFARS 252.204-7012, FAR 52.204-21, and DoDI 5200.48.