Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
11 - 15 years
Posted 180 days ago
Leadership position with global responsibility for leading the strategic sourcing function for the IT Professional Services and Market Data categories.
* Building and maintaining a team of motivated, engaged and effective sourcing professionals supporting the AIG business and functions globally;
* Providing strategic leadership with respect to the development and execution of global sourcing strategies (both supply and demand) related to significant AIG spend ($800M);
* Establishing and expanding relationships with AIG clients across business units and global functions, including senior management;
* Influencing strategies and decisions and leading complex, highly visible, negotiations with major global vendors;
* Managing relationships with major vendors that support AIG globally; and
* Participating in the leadership of GS&PS across spend categories and functions so as to contribute to the achievement of GS&PS objectives both with respect to this position’s direct responsibility as well as GS&PS objectives across categories and functions;
* Providing leadership in a manner that contributes to a culture built on principles of innovation, collaboration, client focus, continuous improvement and empowerment.
* Minimum of 10 years experience in leadership positions within a global sourcing or related function.
* Extensive experience developing and executing global category strategies and leading a team of sourcing professionals responsible for strategic sourcing functions globally, specifically IT Professional Services and Market Data, as well as reviewing, analyzing and negotiating contract terms.
* Experience providing leadership in an environment of change with a focus on innovation, collaboration, client focus, continuous improvement and empowerment.
* Strong reporting, packaging and presentation skills with the ability to analyze and explain pricing models and contract terms.
* Strong understanding of legal and commercial concepts as related to contract negotiations, Statements of Work, and Market Data Agreements and Subscriptions.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
* Exceptional relationship management capabilities, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with senior management.
* Juris Doctor, Certified Purchasing Manager, Masters degree in procurement/supply chain, business or related field, or equivalent experience.