At Blue Shield of California we are parents, leader, students, visionaries, heroes, and providers. Everyday we come together striving to fulfill our mission, to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at a sustainably affordable price. For more than 80 years, Blue Shield of California has been dedicated to transforming health care by making it more accessible, cost-effective, and customer-centric. We are a not-for-profit, independent member of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association with 6,800 employees, more than $20 billion in annual revenue and 4.3 million members. The company has contributed more than $500 million to Blue Shield of California Foundation since 2002 to have a positive impact on California communities. Blue Shield of California is headquartered in Oakland, California with 18 additional locations including Sacramento, Los Angeles, and San Diego. We're excited to share Blue Shield of California has received awards and recognition for - LGBT diversity, quality improvement, most influential women in corporate America, Bay Area's top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the world's most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California, we're striving to make a positive change across our industry and the communities we live in - Join us!
Reporting to the VP, Applications, the role of the Sr. Director, IT Portfolio will be supporting two IT Portfolios focused on Medicare, IFP and Supplemental & Self-funded and Fully Insured and it is critical to the success of Blue Shield of California and the Information Technology organization in realizing its goals and objectives. This individual will play a key role as part of the team organized around the business and designed to provide a one-stop shop for the business partners and create a shared expertise around critical business area. The Sr. Director, IT Portfolio for Consumer & Group Lines of Business will enhance the business and IT collaboration.
Specific Responsibilities include:
The Sr. Director, IT Portfolio - Consumer & Group Lines of Business for Medicare, IFP and Supplemental & Self-funded and Fully Insured will be accountable for:
- Serve as IT point of contact for the portfolio, ensuring transparency and accountability for all IT services delivered through the IT Portfolio.
- Serve as a strategic business partner to provide input from technology perspective on business strategy and roadmap and align IT services with business need.
- Oversee and manage IT portfolio team that includes a matrixed environment to enable seamless product and service delivery.
- Manage portfolio demand and collaborate with business stakeholders to prioritize demand based on continual assessment of business objectives and align IT services with business capability requirements.
- Oversee execution of portfolio functions through the delivery lifecycle, including strategy definition, planning, demand/change mgmt., delivery, escalation management and conflict resolution.
- Partner with IT leaders to drive innovation and thought leadership for the portfolio, through digital transformation, advanced data analytics, adoption of emerging technologies to drive business capability advancement.
- Lead collaborative efforts with other service portfolios and IT shared function to address business needs.
- Minimum of 10 or 12 years of relevant experience required including 6 years of management experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Master's degree preferred; or combination of relevant work experience and education
- Stakeholder relationship management
- Ability to drive cross-functional initiatives
- Business case development and business acumen
- Oral & written communication skills
- Problem solving / consulting
- Project planning/management
- Knowledge of system architecture, software design and Application development platforms
- Understanding of required technologies and emerging tech
- Technical planning (robustness, stability, scaling, security, etc.)
- Leadership - Effective people & portfolio management
- Ability to effectively negotiate with, influence and manage leaders and stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative skills
- Strategic thinking & decision-making: Ability to prioritize and make trade-offs
- Ability to manage change
- Ability to lead and influence with senior business leaders of the portfolios.
- Ability to manage a matrix and virtual team effectively
- Ability to coach, mentor senior resources and influence without direct control
- Ability to travel to where the products teams are located for effective collaboration
- Leadership role in multi-year, multi-million-dollar system implementation project
- Delivered complex technical solutions for high volume healthcare transactions such as claims, encounters, enrollment, authorizations
- Developed and managed to strict service level agreements
- Operational responsibility for mission critical business systems
- Developed/delivered solutions for shopping, quoting and enrollment functions
- Direct responsibility or in depth understanding of healthcare operations
- Direct experience or understanding of:
- Health Insurance market segmentation
- Healthcare products and services
- Self-Funded/ASO business
- Employer sponsored health insurance
- Healthcare Exchange and direct to consumer insurance plans
- Broker management
Key Job Competencies
- Executive presence
- Business acumen
- Strategic Thinking
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classification protected by Federal, State and local laws.