The Senior Director, IT Operations will manage the team supporting the organization’s end-user productivity application portfolio (e.g., Office Suite) and technology infrastructure; including Azure cloud environments, on-premise data center, servers, local and wide area networks, telecommunications management, and Helpdesk operations. This position is responsible for managing technology security and compliance including creating Information Technology policies and procedures for all employees and aligning technology solutions with the organizational initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field is required
- Minimum 3-5 years of Director level management role or equivalent enterprise operations management experience is required
- Minimum 5-7 years of managing IT operations experience is required
- Strong technical knowledge of Azure cloud computing, Cisco network and Microsoft operating systems in local, SaaS, IaaS, and Cloud Computing environments are required
- Experience configuring and supporting storage area networks and virtual server environments utilizing Nutanix or Hyper-V is required
- Experience configuring and managing telephone call center manager, VoIP environments and related telecommunication services is required
- Experience managing traditional data center with remote sites cloud based infrastructure and application environments is required
- Experience in managing technology security and compliance policies, procedures and access control preferably in HIPAA compliant environments is required
- Familiarity with ITIL methodologies and processes is required; ITIL Certification is preferred
- Expertise in managing an application portfolio of diverse custom and third-party solutions required; including proven management of product maintenance and support in a custom software development environment is required
- High degree of competency with formal IT methodologies such as project management, SDLC, quality assurance, process management, and best practices across various IT disciplines is required
- Strong leadership skills and capacity to drive measurable results through enabling high performing teams are required
- Must possess the ability to prioritize and execute tasks and make sound decisions in emergency situations
- Ability to manage the full lifecycle of multiple concurrent complex projects is required
- Strong technical analysis and problem-solving skills; including budget management is required
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically is required
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required
- Commitment to the YMCA character development values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility are required
- Aligns technology solutions with the organizational initiatives
- Leads, motivates and coordinates staff in the management, administration and operational support of Azure cloud environments, all data center and end user hardware, telecommunications, and networking environments
- Manage Helpdesk operations that provided end user support to 450+ YUSA staff and all first level operational issues
- Leads staff responsible for the maintenance, support, and enhancements of various custom and third-party software applications in a production environment
- Ensures effective development and maintenance of all systems and application support processes, procedures, and documentation ensuring adherence to industry standards and best practices
- Responsible for IT security and compliance. Creates and maintains Information Technology policies and procedures as well as manage compliance for HIPAA and Security audits and activities
- Monitors and analyzes systems regularly for efficient operation, stability, capacity for growth and change, and sustained maintenance
- Defines business and systems requirements for new technology implementations in collaboration with stakeholders
- Establishes appropriate performance metrics for area; defines SLAs and maintains high level of end user satisfaction
- Oversees hiring, training, and performance management of IT Operations staff
- Performs budget planning, contract management and approvals. Administer and approve all technology purchases and contracts
- Researches and orders all YUSA hardware and third-party software to maintain optimal performance and to meet business needs
- Manage licensing compliance for all third-party products including Microsoft Office 365, server and database products and Techsoup.org licensing
- Negotiates with vendors, contractors and outsourcers
- Conducts training and provides technical documentation to Y-USA staff
- Performs other duties as assigned by Chief Information Officer
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
- Values. Demonstrates in word and action the Y’s core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility and a commitment to the Y’s mission, in all matters at all times.
Inclusion. Values all people for their unique talents and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion, and cultural competence.
Relationships. Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y's work.
Influence. Employs influence strategies that engage, inspire, and build commitment to the cause and overall Y goals.
Communication. Listens and expresses self effectively and in a manner that reflects a true understanding of the needs of the audience.
Developing Others. Recognizes and acts on the need to continually develop others’ capabilities to attain the highest level of performance possible.
Decision Making. Integrates logic, intuition, and sound judgment to analyze information to identify greatest opportunities, make sound decisions, and solve problems.
Change Capacity. Leads self and others through change by navigating ambiguity appropriately and adapting well to new situations, obstacles, and opportunities.
Emotional Maturity. Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills.
Quality Results. Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
- Innovation. Participates in the generation, experimentation, and implementation of new approaches and activities that improve and expand the Y’s mission and work.